Collect Items And Have Them Follow The Character In The Same Path It Travels

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by anthonycastelli, Jan 8, 2017.

1. anthonycastelli

anthonycastelli Boxer

Basically I want to collect items and have them trail behind the main character as it moves through the screen. How would one achieve something like this?

Im not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but is there a way to add powerup upgrades via a store system? So if I have a shield that lasts 5 seconds, and I want to purchase a shield that lasts 20 seconds, how would one implement this?

I come from a programming standpoint so I can't grasp all the concepts behind Buildbox just yet, I keep thinking in terms of programming.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

2. Keromor

Keromor Boxer

I suggest going to youtube and looking up Buildbox power ups, this may help.

Cheers

Kero

3. anthonycastelli

anthonycastelli Boxer

I have powers implemented, thats not the issue. The issue is upgrading powers. I'd like to be able to start with like a 5 second shield, then you can purchase a 20 second shield upgrade that would then take any of the 5 second shields through the game and upgrade the time to 20 seconds.

4. Keromor

Keromor Boxer

Sorry was just trying to help, I am afraid i do not know how to do that.

Kero

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You can create a custom power up in the store and have an action button to press on your game UI so the player can activate it when they need it. But if you want to simple add more seconds to a current power up already in the game, I dont think there is a way to do that yet.

As for trailing things behind your character, this is a tough one without knowing your game. If its a platformer where they jump alot, it will be difficult, but if they are running on a straight platform/line with little or no movement, you could use a Transform logic piece, adding velocity in the desired direction but making sure its enough to keep up with the character.

Or, you could use animation and create the impression of things following, if they serve no purpose in the game

6. anthonycastelli

anthonycastelli Boxer

Yeah, my game have a bunch of jumping and stuff. My idea is to have the trailing characters mimic whatever the main character does, but it'll perform the actions on the trailing characters like a train.

Is there like a feature request place I can submit some things too?