Like Hill Climb |petrol| Help Me Please

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by SlyApps, Jan 7, 2017.

1. SlyApps

SlyApps Avid Boxer

Hi.İ want make petrol for my game.Like hill climb racing game
    So my car's petrol will reduce and i must collect petrols for keep going.Please explain me.How can i do it this? İ really really need solve this problem

İf anyone know? just reply please...

2. SlyApps

SlyApps Avid Boxer

Anyone do not know???

3. SlyApps

SlyApps Avid Boxer

Hey!Please help me

4. SlyApps

SlyApps Avid Boxer

impossible?

monicabarlow likes this.
  5. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

This would take some serious out of the box thinking to make work.... I don't really know, but the direction im thinking of is maybe it might be possible with Gameplay Actions..... They will allow you to change the movement and everything of your character, for a duration of time....

So what if you make an action that ONLY allows movement for X amount of time "while the petrol is depleting" and then it basically stops the movement when the duration "petrol" runs out..... So you would make a petrol icon/image as an action and put it in your scene somewhere.... then for X amount of seconds that will allow movement to your character/vehicle.

Christoph likes this.
  6. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Exactly what i was thinking, but then how do you make it game over. It will just stop, then be stuck?
    Be a good one to work out.

7. playsgames6666

For game over, possible solution, and enemy that follows the car, so when the car stops the enemy will collide with it.
    But it will take a bit of work getting the correct speed of the enemy, to fast it will kill you to early, to slow and their will be a delay in the game over. worth a try.

Christoph likes this.
  8. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Another way I kind of thought of but not too deeply was perhaps when the action finishes you use spawner to spawn an enemy object right on top of the character.

To do that, if not initially possible with the gameplay action, maybe linking another object with defeated animation and spawn might work. (Not in front of BB right now and can't remember every setting off top of my head)

Christoph likes this.
  9. playsgames6666

sounds good but how do you make it spawn when action stops?

Christoph likes this.
  10. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Set the spawn rate to the amount of time used in the duration...... but just tested and it doesn't seem to work, it spawns straight away :p

Im sure there is a way, using something along these lines, or even spawning an object and using health/damage components...

But like I said, it would all take some serious out of the box thinking, and my head hurts already, for now lol

Christoph and playsgames6666 like this.
  11. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

Attach a enemy physics object to the car. As the the car is moving it will be dragging the enemy behind it. As soon as the car stops the enemy that is attached will continue to have momentum and hit the car and then you lose.

I just made that up and have no idea if it will work or even if it's possible :D. Worth a try I guess.

12. SlyApps

SlyApps Avid Boxer

:((((((
    anyone can creat tutorial video???

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

There are already very good ideas in this thread and the only thing you reply is ask for a video tutorial? You really need to do your homework alone. Or you could hire one of the posters above to resolve what you need. But no one is going to do the work for you mate. No one is at your disposition just because you think so. I believe this is not the way to ask for and it feels wrong for the community. Sorry, but I had to say that. It probably is because the forum has suffered a lot of its quality as of late...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  14. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

I could sense some kind of response from the OP like that :p As I was typing up all my ideas I knew it was probabaly still going to be over their head.

However, it is very cool how a few of us came together to try and figure out a work around, for anyone else in the future looking for the same answers. So let's not stop brainstorming in the future too :)

But yeah sometimes it is difficult with some people, I've seen other posts that I question if it's actually trolling or not...

Christoph likes this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha yeah, this is probably why I had to write it down. I was like: oh cool how you suddenly went on and on trying to figure out how to do it. And then suddenly reading the OP's post was like: What??? Couldn't believe it. haha

playsgames6666 likes this.
  16. playsgames6666

How about action set to invincible, then
    Good idea, maybe we need a brainstorming section in the forum, Its one of the things i hate about BB is its lack of features, but then i love it trying to figure out a possible solution to make it all happen.

Christoph likes this.
  17. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Yeah this could work......

So something like this.....

You start the game with the character on top of an enemy object, infact maybe even link an invisible enemy object ontop at all times... then put a petrol action with gameplay options on the screen and in the same position put an invisible invincible action, set both to like 10 seconds, then when both run out, the car stops moving and dies because the invincibility ran out....

Not tested this, but could work!!!

18. playsgames6666

I think it just might.

19. SlyApps

SlyApps Avid Boxer

İ think it is impossible using Buildbox :(

20. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer