Adding In-app Purchases To Already Existing Ones

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by defonten, Jan 10, 2017.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Hey folks,

I'm really stuck adding non consumable in app purchase for my existing app. I have a game in Appstore which already has a few Consumable IAPs like "lives" which enable player to return to game without losing their score. And now I want to add a Non Consumable IAP (Tier 1 - 0.99$) for New Character unlock - with Double Jump feature enabled. So I have everything set up in xcode and created additional Non-Consumable IAP in Itunes Connect's "In-App purchases" section. The problem is Apple for some reason won't approve this IAP saying the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In-App Purchase - New Business Model

We have begun the review of your in-app purchase(s) but aren't able to continue because your submitted in-app purchase(s) indicate a change of business model for your app. Therefore, we need to verify the implementation of your submitted in-app purchase(s) in the app to ensure your app, and its in-app purchase(s), are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Next Steps

Please upload a new binary for review and resubmit your in-app purchase(s) with the binary so that we can continue the review.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have submitted new binaries twice already and still getting this warning.. I have tested this new IAP in TestFlight - it works fine. I'm just adding a non consumable IAP for new advanced character. Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

2. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

You need to set the new in app purchase in iTunes connect and also make sure you selected the new in app purchase on the App Store page

3. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Isn't there only one place to set up your in app purchases which is "My Apps -> Features Tab -> In-App Purchases"? You include your IAPs on the App Store Tab only once when you upload your very first binary (creating a new app). After your app is approved along with your IAPs you can add new ones only through "In-App Purchases" Tab. Or am I getting something wrong?

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Create your In App Purchases. Remember they must have a unique ID too. So if you just call them gems100, gems 200 for example - then try using those same names again for a different game, they won't work.

So I tend to use my game ID com.companyname.gamename100gems etc.Once you've added your IAPs, and you've uploaded your binary, and it has been processed and is ready to be submitted you can then add your IAPs on the page where you add game center and leaderboard stuff. Then submit.

5. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Yeah I ddi it twice already (uploading new binary and then created/tweaked IAP to put it back to 'Waiting for review' mode) Reuploaded new binary for the third time.. Thanks for reply @spicedbeangames