Character Goes Off Track

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by fotios16, Jan 6, 2017.

1. fotios16

fotios16 Boxer

Hi guys,

I am experiencing a problem with my game. I have created a game using the ISO Jump Slide template with the latest version of Buildbox. The game is similar to the pit.

The template works fine on it's own however, once I added in my own assets and adjusted the rotation of the game accordingly, I found that the character tends to move off course. If I allow it to move, the character will simply move off the platform and follow by moving off the screen. This happens after I slide and jump usually. The character untouched will stay on course.

I have tried fixing the collision shapes, gravity and velocity with no hope.

Please help me.

Attached Files:

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

what does this look like with collisions showing? got video?

3. fotios16

fotios16 Boxer

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Just a thought: is your fake 3D degree the same in your design and in the BB settings? If not the character would go another direction since gravity is turned off. Not sure if this really applies or not but it's one thing you can look at. The weird thing is that you can pass the obstacle without getting killed...

Update:
    I just saw that your obstacle doesn't have the collision shape up to the bottom. So yeah, what I have said is a possible solution.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  5. fotios16

fotios16 Boxer

Thank you @Christoph for your response. I have tried messing with some angles without hope. Could I possibly send you the game file? The collision shape of the obstacle was intentionally made that way so it wouldn't bother me while testing the glitch. I need this game sent off urgently to a client. I would be willing to pay you if you can help me out.

6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

if that game similar to the pit you will need many tries to find the right values for the track you can contact me if you want me to have a look at it

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Already fixed. :)

8. pelloempire

pelloempire Boxer

i want to make a similar game . could someone help me with a game file or guide please?