Webpage Portfolio Showcase

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'd love to see how you guys are showing off your games on your (company) webpage. Please post your links and if you can, comment to help each other to make them look even more awesome. Constructive criticism, even if you truly don't like something, is always welcome. We all are learning and are trying to make the best out of it. :D

I'll start...

URL: http://fortyfourgames.com

Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    jcalle likes this.
  2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Hi, I like your design. One thing is missing for me is a little bit engagement by animations but just discreet, nice loops. Not to overload with massive blinking things like a Christmas Tree. Rather tiny, nice accents, on phones screens only. It is mobile thing at least, right? :) Mobility means movement ;)
    Contact at the bottom doesn't work for me. I'm watching on Desktop/Chrome.

Christoph likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, I agree with the movement thing. I haven't figured out how to do GIFs in Photoshop yet. lol Thanks for taking the time to comment.

4. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

I quite like your website, it's clean and simplistic and modern.

2 things i would change:
    1: I would remove the Google badge from Void jump (its blanked out anyway and does nothing, i would add it once you release it for google play. you can put the Apple one centred)

2: Make your email address at the bottom clickable so it opens the mail client instead of having to copy the email and then paste it into the mail client.

Other than those 2 things I think you've done a great job.

P.S: Hows it working out for you releasing Void Jump with Umbrella Games?

Christoph likes this.
  5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

where to find a good template for games portfolio i liked umbrella design

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I love your website site dude. Very modern.

I would have to agree, remove the Play Store button and centralise the App Store button.

Also, the contact info at the bottom is fine, but I would also include a contact button at the top somewhere, so people who visit the website can contact you immediately, instead of having to scroll through your forever-growing games list, just to send you a message.

Also, the social media buttons at the bottom would look better side by side, in my opinion.
    On my phone at least, they're stacked vertically and look a bit odd when each button has so much space next to it.

Other than that, I love the colours and background images and I think the website presents itself really well. Good job.

Did you write it yourself?

I know you've already seen mine, but for other people viewing this thread, my website is:

http://www.AaroArts.com

Your website is 100x nicer than me man. Nice work.

Christoph likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Your website is like the one @wesam_badr wants to have. :) I particularly like that you can click on a game to get more information. But I'm just too lazy to design that as well.... lol. You are right about the contact on top. I will do that for sure. Thanks. And yeah, I haven't found out how to make the icons horizontally on the phone. On tablet and computer they are better placed... :D So as a webpage mine is probably better looking but I think once I have more games I will need something like yours. As a portfolio it just works better.

8. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Wow you guys really did a great job on your sites. I'm planning to do a total overhaul of mine before the new year arrives.
    NeonAlienStudios.com

Christoph likes this.
  9. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

The image of the mountains, I would change by the image of video games, people working...

Youtube, Vimeo and Twitter buttons fail.

Christoph likes this.
  10. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

Hi there! It's ours http://www.temboentertainment.com/ :)
    It's still in the development phase. We are busy to release the enlisted games in the website. Once done we will finish the web site in no time including press releases, general pages, videos and some blog posts that we are preparing :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Christoph likes this.
  11. Mahes KC

Mahes KC Boxer

@Christoph @tanvir8955 I like your websites... But, how did you guys created your website? any tips...

tanvir8955 likes this.
  12. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

My partner is a web developer :D perks of having a web developer :rolleyes:. You can hire a web designer for this purpose or can ask for help :).

Mahes KC likes this.
  13. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Christoph ..Pretty nice website. But as you want, I will provide my honest opinion. It looks very corporate and professional, when you create a website for games you want it to be more playful and more engaging. Perfect examples are Umbrella and Appsolute Games.

Get your contacts on the top with Icons. Create a different template for your game showcase. Get a Nice Funky background and let the users get the fun from it. If they get engaged in the website they will probably download your game also.

I have an idea, change the overall theme of the website except the game showcase. your is great, one game covering the full width of the screen and giving a nice perspective and info to the user. For example to your Void Jumping Section showcase give the pointy Tile effect to it so it looks great. same for every other game. I know it is a lot of work. but its your choice to make. Just gave my opinion..;)

Christoph likes this.
  14. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  15. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

16. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

In order to create a website you need to know HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP

Christoph likes this.
  17. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@ajcoryat - It's wordpress, dead easy to set up :)

Christoph likes this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I know some HTML and CSS, very little Javascript. But nowadays as Kevin says, it can be dead simple to set up a website. Be it wordpress or html, there are thousands of templates and even drag and drop software like Buildbox but for websites. On Mac for example there is Blocs or Rapidweaver (made by one of our forum members). If you want something simple there is no excuse to do it for yourself.

@Kevin W love your website because it is expandable. Will have to make some changes for mine once I got more games.... lol

Kevin W and Nihat like this.
  19. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

I used BLOGGER for my www.appsirgames.com website. Used to have wordpress (https://appsir.wordpress.com/) but it turns out Blogger was better.

20. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer