Change The Player; Color Switch

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by knut22, Oct 16, 2016.

1. knut22

knut22 Boxer

How can I make the player change color when it collide with a special object, and than pass through the enemy-color if it has the same color. But if the player is another color than the enemy-color, the enemy-color will kill the player when it collide. Just like in Color Switch.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

If you search the forms there are countless threads explaining how to make this

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Search:
    Color Switch

4. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Its slide of hand, a trick,
    the color that the action changes you to, that collider or obstacle can be passed through and is not an enemy.

For example If I turn purple the purple blocks will let me pass (a decoration) and the other colors destroy you (they are enemies). This is setup in advance (I know my player will turn purple when colliding with this action so lets make the purple objects ahead not ememies).
    Hope it helps, I hope its correct for that matter lol (my best guess).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Christoph likes this.
  5. shadi3900

shadi3900 Boxer

how to make an unlocked character switch just his color when colliding with an action and not his cheap to the main character , for example like color switch when unlocking a new character that got a different cheap than the main character. when it collide with the action just change the color.Please can someone help me.Thanks

6. ZyzygyGames

ZyzygyGames Avid Boxer