Swipe Board Point System?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Selasu, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

Hey everyone, I'm playing around with the new preset "Swipe Board" and really cannot find a way to integrate a point system for infinite playing. It could be point based, coin based, time based, anything. The problem with any of these is that they are actions, and you cannot spawn actions the way you can spawn an object. This means that if you want to play infinitely, you need to make an infinite amount of point actions in the scene, and that's obviously unrealistic.

Usually you don't have this problem with other infinite type games because the character moves into different scenes, and the score is calculated by either distance, or by points awarded by actions located in different scenes. But because in this preset you are always in the same scene, you need to find another way to make a point system for infinite playing...

Any ideas? Workarounds? Hacks?

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

3. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

Hey @blad300 thanks for your response. I had tried that out before, but if you notice in the same file you sent me, the action performs very weirdly and many times jumps numbers. I just tried it a few times and it randomly jumped from 2 to 7 and then to 10. It's as if the action had a permanent effect when it is copied into a default animation of an object.

Actually @Snow has the same problem with what I'm saying, and has talked about it in this thread here
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/action-spawn.5511/

4. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

Perhaps it could have something to do with the UI? An action coin button only activated when swiping? Ugh, really wish buildbox allowed actions to spawn and have a velocity just like normal objects...

5. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

@Andy Did you guys think of any scoring system for this preset? Or was it more intended towards level based games instead of infinite?

6. niketanbalar21

niketanbalar21 Boxer

7. niketanbalar21

niketanbalar21 Boxer

8. Hoodle

Hoodle Boxer

You can copy an action into an object's image and then make the action spawn by making the object spawn

9. Chibiske

Chibiske Boxer

second this~ just make an Object [be it an enemy or just a object] then make it spawn to what and when you want the point/coin. then put the action inside the said object~ (enemy dies -> drops a Coin/Point) make it collide then die~