Aso Is Dead ...but!

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Arsmen Studio, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

As Trey Smith said ASO is dead... I think that the only CHOISE people have to get their games discovered is through influencers (YouTube, facebook, Instagram ecc FAMOUS PEOPLE PROMO )or game Marketing. This is the truth. But if you have an original game idea and innovative features you can make it easy way as Apple will feature it PLAYSTORE too. :D

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Yes I agree that ASO is dead but I can assure you with examples of games that are unique in thier own way and exciting to play but never featured or even come close to 250 position. Lots of them have gone down the drain.

The only thing I have noticed so far is some games come close to the top by renaming the game to the latest trending search like:

- Juju on the beat (Ask me which game on earth will depict these word? )
    - Manniquin challenge (Tell me which game will be in a freezing state and be fun to play?)

A lot more like that but you know what, who cares, those guys are making tons from it even if its the same game renamed multiple times.

Jaky1 and Collin Wade Thiessen like this.
  3. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

Hi there..
    I disagree a little bit. ASO is not giving amazing and immediat results like before, when the competition was less and apple had some holes in their search algorythm. Now, is harder to obtain the same results as before, but the visibility of your app definetely will still increase in comparision with apps that do not make any ASO.
    Now, to increase the ranking, you have to make UI campaigns, app marketing campaigns and many other stuff, not just ASO, but I believe that ASO is still a must to increase the app/game performance.

4. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

One thing when I put up my first game I was inundated with people wanting me to pay to bump my ratings up and to put it false comments, is the even possible. It makes me question how the top rating are achieved are they earned or bought !

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Arsmen Studio @asktolik What about the small developers and the small gaming studios? As ASO is dead, on whom to be relied upon with no good investment to use influencers and followers? Is there any other way to survive???

6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

See like I said earlier, there is a trend going on now with how ASO works. Take for instance, Juju on the beat, Damn Daniel, Bottle Flip, Mannequin Challenge, etc, I have seen a game that was renamed multiple times with all these trending names and making lots from it.

So lets be creative here and make our own ASO by maybe for a start, someone throws a egg unto a moving train, then call it "Egg Throw Train" or something. Then rename one of your games as Egg Throw Train, post the video of the egg throwing on social media, when it goes viral - watch the app store, people will start searching for Egg Throw Train.

Please don't go and throw egg on someone but you get the point. So you are now the master of your own ASO. You just need to think outside the box.

7. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Ahahaha lol you are right . But to get immediately your game discovered you need (Instagram / facebook) promo. Or you have a good game and Apple feature it. This is the truth. However even making aso is not bad ... :D

8. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

ASO works barely. I get random downloads from people seeing it on the APP store. But to truly get downloads you either need a publisher or money to advertise and be your own publisher.

9. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

10. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Store is not human to think rational, there is only code.
    I've see stupid game or stupid apps with thousands of downloads but with one big different thing - THE NAME
    Color swap, stich color, water flip , bottle chalange...and so on...
    Only viral things of the moments
    You can create a game and wait next viral thing and you have a name then.
    Is like...we wait in a station train and wait to pick up the right train...

11. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

I guess that the most sucessful thing small developers and small gaming studios can do to survive is gaining knowledge. If you learn how to do ASO, how to manage your search ads & Facebook ads, you can save a lot of money and of course, learn valuable skills that will help all your apps!

bmsingha likes this.
  12. David33

David33 Boxer

Aso never dead. Before six month ago. I had hire a virtual assistant for marketing my appstore apps. He had a good exprience in increasing appstore apps downloads. He had given 4 month app marketing services. And now my apps everyday get 4k-5k downloads. So I hope you need better app marketing services for your old apps.

13. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Who is this guy?

14. David33

David33 Boxer

You can contact with him on skype: XXXX (REMOVED BY MOD)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
  15. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

What games you have?

16. David33

David33 Boxer

17. David33

David33 Boxer

You just contact with him. He will explain you to his services.

18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

lol

You have 89 gamecenter members but presume you are getting as much downloads as a featured game on a daily basis. Complete horses**t. Sorry but I just have to call you out.

Don't come here to fool other members trying to get money out of them. That's not cool at all. We are a community to help and not to scam each other.

Guys, don't believe him a word!

19. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Agreed. Don't post shady services here, @David33