Crush The App Store Event

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by kodagames, Dec 1, 2016.

1. ItchyChinny

ItchyChinny Boxer

I'm in England and I watched the 1am showing. Yes it's a bit pricey for an indie developer but It's a huge opportunity ,could be life changing for someone. Would be great is a weekly/monthly blog featuring 2/3 of the fortunate participants giving updates on their progress throughout the year.

2. swathinaveen219

swathinaveen219 Boxer

Trey metioned a color pallete website in the webinar, can anyone share website url please.

3. ItchyChinny

ItchyChinny Boxer

http://www.colourlovers.com/

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That would have been amazing. :)

blad300 likes this.
  6. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

You can also look at http://color.adobe.com

JoeWilson and telerebor like this.
  7. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Gregory Storm likes this.
  8. Lee Fellows

Lee Fellows Boxer

I'm pumped, signed up imediatly after first event (and were in the UK)!

Looking forward to BB NEXT and what new features will be available ;)

Early access to NEXT was the deal breaker for us, and looking forward to next year ;)

We're all gonna smash the app stores!!!

Already having signed with publishers and getting Apple featured, so will use this to elevate to the next level ;)

Also looking forward to getting with different publishers like Ketchapp!!

9. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I finally sacrificed time to attend the webinar and while I was so excited during the list of plans offered, then everything STOPPED after hearing the cost. Like others have said, its cheap for those that have broken into the gaming market and made some good income but this is not for me at least for now.

Deliverbo, tite and blad300 like this.
  10. justjake

justjake Boxer

I agree i was a little discouraged when he mention the price, I was trying to justify the cost but its just something that i would be able to do currently. Altho I will use all the information that he gave out in the presentation and apply that in my work.

sysads likes this.
  11. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

my 2 cents on the event:
    Trey is an experienced guy on the gaming scene, and he went out and shared some of his own precious experience, and that's pretty cool, especially for newcomers who don't know the basic stuff as the importance of design, smart UI, gameplay UX etc. a really good session. I myself learned a thing or two about the publishing process.

However, and my voice is getting lost with all the excitement here, I myself haven't been able to produce a single game since December 2015, well, since BB1 actually. as Trey mentioned, a game should be polished up to the last pixel, so I had many ideas, which were pretty cool and pretty simple to accomplish, ideas that BB just could not overcome, and trust me - I know my way and trying to keep it as simple as possible, but with every idea needs to be compremized because of the BB abilities (unless you're making a game/gameplay from the presets, and that's called "skinning", not "creating games"), so I have that folder, as I'm sure most of you have, that is pretty much a grave yard for game ideas that BB could not handle. furthermore, there are bugs that haven't been fixed yet on BB2 (keeping score with multiple words etc.) so the idea that I've just paid for 12 months without producing anything (and wasting LOTS of time), while BB team will share BB3 with some 'selected' users is unbearable.

I totally agree with what Trey said that BB users should focus on the creative side, but all I do with Buildbox is trying to figure out how to overcome technical issues. it's not fun so far... and I'm not even talking about money-worthy.

gathering some users to serve as a QA team, from within the community, does make sense, however - announcing it, is a pretty stupid move. it makes other users to be frustrated, as I feel right now. so far I'm sticking to BB, cause I really do think that BB is a cool utility and will be evolved into a great & complete product one day, but I don't really think the BBteam is treating their customers as they should (sorry for critisizing them publicly, but take in mind that I could not produce a single game for a whole year now, while paying 1,200$). for example, every time I used to get stuck with a technical issue/bug, I would contact support, as I've seen many here did and got their issue solved, but from my personal experience - it's been about 10 times I've approached support - zero times my problem got solved. so I've stopped connecting them. maybe it's just me, maybe it's the way I'm writing the email, I don't know... but this is what happened so far. I have nothing to do about it, it's my choice to keep on paying, with hope that the BB product will be actually useful for me one day. so before you guys going all the way with BB3, you might wanna make sure first that you have a BB2 version that runs smoothly, and make sure you have happy customers.

cheers

12. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

you can watch the replay of appstore crush available until 16/12/11 http://event.buildbox.com/

So now, anyone who orders before today Midnight PST tonight will receive early access to Buildbox 3.0 for free along with everything you'll see offered in Publisher Elite.

so only the people who bought the course are going to get BB 3.0 early access and that its still unfair they forget about loyal customer and boxer that contribute so much in the sake to see this software get so successful.

jerry and JoeWilson like this.