Games Not Recognizing Input (screen Taps)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GTE Games, Dec 4, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I have been back and forth on whether I am terrible at games or if the games are missing my taps.

I'm convinced it's the latter and would like to start a thread to see if others are experiencing this strange behavior.

So, about every 10-30 taps, sometimes more frequently, sometimes less, buildbox games will miss a screen tap and cause me to die. I say Buildbox games, because it's not just mine.

I've observed this in the Buildbox preview, on a Samsung S6, iPhone 4S/5S/6S, and various (kids) tablets we have around the house. I've observed my kids and friends hit the screen in time to make a jump or dodge an enemy, but the game didn't register the tap and they died.

This is only on Buildbox games, like most of you, I download just about every game that gets announced in the Showcase section of the forum and just noticed this in the last couple months.

If this is in fact a bug with Buildbox, then there are millions of deaths of the heads of Buildbox! :)

Seriously, I don't think it's me anymore. Anyone else seeing this?

tanvir8955 likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hmmmm... that never happened to me. Does it happen in Void Jumping? Any special games we should take a look at where it is very notorious?

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I have not extensively tested in void jumping. And I don't want to call any big name games I have experienced this on... but I will say that I have noticed it frequently on my own game Super Mini World (iOS) specifically. It happens on all my devices very randomly, but very obvious.

If no one else is experiencing this, then I must just not be good at playing mobile games... or maybe my finger is not touch screen compatible. :)

4. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

I have also experienced it, mostly during fast gameplay, where tapping is frequent :(

GTE Games likes this.