How Can I Rotate My Character When He Turn !

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DAF7777777, Nov 30, 2016.

1. DAF7777777

DAF7777777 Boxer

2. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Have you ever read the Buildbox Manual?

3. DAF7777777

DAF7777777 Boxer

Yes, but I see nothing about that...
    Tell me please...

4. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

The manual isn't going to explain how to set up every game type but it will explain how to setup most of the major mechanics. There are a tons built in templates that showcase the many ways to use these mechanics. Go through each of the templates and deconstruct how they are created. The first step in creating games with Buildbox is to learn Buildbox. It's very easy to create games but there is still a learning curve that is bigger than most people expect (myself included) when they first get it. Take you time and learn what it can do, you will then see that making a game like the one you linked to is simply a matter of adjusting one of the existing game types and you are off and running. Here's a hint for you: you will need to create either a switch control (for single tap) or two different areas (one for the left side of the screen, one for the right side of the screen) in the game field UI to cause your player to go left or go right. I hope this helps gets you in the right direction.

blackswan likes this.
  5. DAF7777777

DAF7777777 Boxer

i've try all the preset and watch lots tutorial .... can someone just show me what i want? , that would be great ...
    thank you.

6. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

The 360 shooter template should be close to what you need. Modify it as necessary. If you are looking to have the camera follow the character like in the game link you posted, Buildbox doesn't have a feature for the yet.

7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i am not sure what you are trying to achieve but there is a rotate button its with the jump and shorting button try if its going to work for you

8. DAF7777777

DAF7777777 Boxer

i want my character move like a car exactly like this :

9. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Hey @DAF7777777, you should be able to use the "Add Component" and select "Rotation Mapper". Then you'll have your character added in with the different directions.

JoeWilson likes this.
  10. DAF7777777

DAF7777777 Boxer

can i have a real answer please, with explications, because i have aleready made some games with buildbox but i can't figure out how to make this type of movement .
    THANK YOU..

11. Secousse

Secousse Boxer

Hi ! I do the rotation mapper like you say Jerry, but the rotation don't block when i unpressed the button (Sorry for my bad english)
    Thank you !

12. Secousse

Secousse Boxer

+1 PLS ♥