Major Problem With Updating Game/lost Coins

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by spicedbeangames, Nov 10, 2016.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Last week, I updated my Trump game - and I have another one lined up that I finished last week too. However, I have had 3 emails from people who updated the first weekend and they lost all their coins.

I had a look at the version on my Android phone and indeed, lost all the coins - but it remembered the unlocked levels.

I believe I updated the game with 2.2.6 - Has anyone else noticed this? I am waiting to hear back if this is on iOS but its 100% on Android.

2. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

This happened on an iOS update I did. All the coins lost. Using 2.2.5 and 2.2.6. Both updates killed the coins but remembered the purchases. I just thought it was something I had done. But I guess not.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy, is this something you can confirm or deny? My game is going live soon and I don't want to update a week later making that the players lose all their coins. That would be very bad retention wise.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Yeah its hurting. I've had a few more emails this morning too with people upset. It's 100% happening with coins. Not sure about distance.

5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Happened to me, I updated a game the other day, and also it reset all the coins.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Well, this is pretty bad I guess. Have you all written to support and reported the issue? Can't believe this isn't given priority.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i also think so that shouldn't happened

8. TMNorvik

TMNorvik Boxer

Any updates on this issue?

I also get notifications from people that the highscore and number of gems is reset after an app update.

Not good when the motivation for playing is based on climbing the leaderboard..

9. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

It doesn't seem so! The same thing happened to me too with my new update... This is a major issue and with all due respect I'm very annoyed..