Revive - Watch Ad To Continue (extra Ui)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by UpperCat, Nov 29, 2016.

1. UpperCat

UpperCat Avid Boxer

Hey guys,

I got a revive button in my game, but I want somthing extra and I don´t know how to achieve this:

die -> watch ad to continue -> watching -> "Tap to continue" (UI) -> Tap -> Revive

I need the "Tap to continue" (UI).

Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks! :D <3

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

What about restart from checkpoint action with a purchase button (set to rewarded video)?

3. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

@Andy that option does not seem to be working at the moment because of the new Hayzap SDK 10 :(
    Im curious though, as to why you guys decided to only have Heyzap as the reward video option. I mean why not Chartboost or Adcolony or Vungle etc? Just wondering :D

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

When we added HeyZap we implemented rewarded video as well. We did not have the time and resources to go back and reimplement rewarded video for all the other networks. HeyZap supports all the other networks using mediation if it's really wanted. In the future we may support other networks directly for rewarded video. I do understand the issue we are having now and we will try to avoid similar situations in the future.

volcank likes this.
  5. mvgalle

mvgalle Boxer

@Andy, Just a quick note... I'm also having tons of problems with HeyZap myself.

1. Heyzap wrote this cool article about Buildbox and Heyzap integration here: http://blog.heyzap.com/post/143548643943/buildbox-20-is-here-with-support-for-heyzap
    2. In the article, they link to a dead link for "Heyzap's Buildbox Documentation" https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/buildbox

Because options 1 and 2 no longer work, and Buildbox does not support Heyzap Mediation natively - I now have to follow a tutorial put together by on a Buildbox forum located here: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/android-heyzap-mediation-tutorial.4037/

When all that I currently use is AdMob for Interstitials/Banners. And all I want to do in addition is provide the user the option to get free coins for watching a rewarded video. This is turning out to be more of a pain, with little documentation, dead links, and little direction on the correct path to take.

More info and direction on how to make AdMob/Heyzap rewarded videos play nicely would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's... a coming soon kind of thing. Other than this little annoyance - you all at buildbox are doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work.

6. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

@Andy but... HeyZap it's not integrated like Admob ?
    I just made an semnificative upgrade to my game and that includes `Earn Points` and `Continue, Not Die` Buttons with HeyZap Reward Video .
    I need to do more things or just add `HeyZap Publisher ID`

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

There are so many videos on that matter. I would recommend to search the forum or youtube..

8. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

9. mvgalle

mvgalle Boxer

All, from what I have gathered. The Heyzap SDK is now at 10. The current version of Buildbox only supports HeyZap SDK 9. If you are having problems, I'd hold off a few days until the new version of buildbox catches up with Heyzap SDK 10. Hopefully it solves the problems we have all been having.

10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Andy,
    I am fairly new to buildbox and understand you have lot to work on for future updates but I really feel like a direct rewarded video implementation is needed for each network (Unity, Vungle, Adcolony, Chartboost etc. ) I used Unity for example in my earlier games which I did with another game engine before I started Buildbox and I was quite happy with it and I personally don't want to use other networks nor Heyzap mediation. I am sure different users also would like to test other networks Vungle, Unity etc. individually.

As a Buildbox user just like implementing interstitials I would like to integrate rewarded video ad networks of my choice individually. Also besides downloading the SDKs of Heyzap and implementing also importing all the Client IDs and App Ids from other networks like Unity inside Heyzap is a hassle and we will have to do it for all our apps.

Also it would be great if there was a way to randomise the interstitials inside Buildbox without Heyzap.For example at Game Over Random (Admob, Chartboost, Applovin) kind of thing. Or another option would be like especially for Chartboost (since Chartboost do not have enough inventory in most countries as ads so if app don't show Chartboost ads it is all gone) like if Chartboost not available then show Admob Kind of situation would be great for future updates.

Also with Chartboost we can only show interstitials where as there is a more apps option at Chartboost dashboard which we can also show a list of apps to download. I know showing other apps in IOS is not allowed with a button in main menu but we can still show at the end of each level and also this is allowed at Google Play.

Thank You!