Heyzap 10 Sdk Compile Errors Xcode 8.0

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by bluemoonstudios, Nov 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

Hi Guys,
    Im attempting to use Heyzap for the first time.

I have followed all the steps from the Heyzap documentation, imported all the frameworks required.
    I have added the HeyzapAds.framework,FYBHZMediationTestSuite.framework,Fyber_AdMob_7.13.1-r1.framework,Fyber_Chartboost_6.5.2-r1.framework,Fyber_AppLovin_3.4.3-r1.framework to my xcode project.

I have imported all the required frameworks:

#import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>
    #import <AdSupport/AdSupport.h>
    #import <AudioToolbox/AudioToolbox.h>
    #import <CoreData/CoreData.h>
    #import <CoreGraphics/CoreGraphics.h>
    #import <CoreLocation/CoreLocation.h>
    #import <CoreMedia/CoreMedia.h>
    #import <CoreTelephony/CoreTelephonyDefines.h>
    #import <CoreVideo/CoreVideo.h>
    #import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
    #import <GLKit/GLKit.h>
    #import <MediaPlayer/MediaPlayer.h>
    #import <MessageUI/MessageUI.h>
    #import <QuartzCore/QuartzCore.h>
    #import <SafariServices/SafariServices.h>
    #import <StoreKit/StoreKit.h>
    #import <SystemConfiguration/SystemConfiguration.h>
    #import <Security/Security.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES2/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES2/glext.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES3/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES3/glext.h>
    #import <HeyzapAds/HeyzapAds.h>

The attached image shows the compile errors I am getting.

I normally see these errors because of not including all the necessary frameworks, but i am pretty sure i have included all the ones i need.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The next release (coming very soon) has HeyZap SDK 10 already integrated. I'm fairly certain you can't update from HeyZap SDK 9 to SDK 10 in the current version of Buildbox unless you implement it as a custom ad network.

3. bluemoonstudios

Hi @Andy thanks for your reply mate. I'm not updating from SDK 9. It's a fresh install of SDK 10 directly from the Heyzap documentation. I followed their instructions by downloading SDK 10.2.0 and the 3 other SDK's for Applovin, Chartboost & Admob they wanted me to download and put into Xcode.

I followed all the other instructions for importing frameworks into the AppDelegate file (in our case the the AppController.mm file)

When I go to run that's when I get the errors. In past experience these errors come from missing frameworks, but I have checked over and over that I have all the frameworks that Heyzapp have included in their documentation and I do. That's why I can't understand why I am getting the errors.

I am using Xcode 8.0 and have Buildbox 2.2.7 if makes any difference.

4. bluemoonstudios

So I managed to get my hands on a Heyzap test project from Github. I replaced my bundle ID and Publisher ID just to test that everything I setup was correct. In my Heyzap dashboard it shows that have been impressions but i have never seen any ad show up on the device, quite strange.

Anyone else have similar thing happen?

I am wondering if Heyzap is worth the effort, but then on the other hand its the only way to use reward videos with buildbox for some reason.

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, yes... I checked the errors closer, they do indeed look like a framework is missing, but the Fyber framework was integrated into the HeyZap framework if I recall correctly... so not quite sure why you are seeing these errors.

For getting ads to work you have to make sure the bundle ID is setup within your HeyZap dashboard (make sure the bundle ID is unique to you, not just a generic test ID). Also make sure you enable mediation. You can install the testing framework they supply, it's really easy to see what is working and what isn't. If configured correctly and you are still having a problem with the ads showing then the best bet is to contact HeyZap.

Hope that helps. I'm wrapping up the SDK 10 integration into Buildbox this coming week.

buman likes this.
  6. bluemoonstudios

@Andy yeah i installed their mediation test suite, i found it on Github. I used my bundle ID and publisher ID and it still doesn't work.

Mediation is all setup on the dashboard with green lights for all 3 ad networks (Applovin,Chartboost,Admob)
    I keep getting messages like ""SDK hasn't finished starting" and "ad is not available for tag".

I have emailed Heyzap support hopefully i'll hear something back tomorrow from them, thanks for your help mate, appreciate it.

If i figure this out, i'll post a fix here in case theres others with the same problem.

Cheers

7. buman

buman Boxer

Would be great if you guys could make an official integration instruction for some popular network such as heyzap with admob, unity ads or chart-boots.

dkuca likes this.
  8. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@bluemoonstudios Hey mate, same here, today trying to integrate the framework and using heyzap as mediation , in our case, only admob and applovin, but giving the error as attached in screenshot. Please help with this. FYI - The game is exported through the version 2.2.7 and the xcode using is 7.2.1. All the necessary steps have been done. @Andy what should be done? Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.30.08 PM.png

9. bluemoonstudios

I received a reply from Heyzap today, they said that their Buildbox contact is sending them some materials tomorrow to help them fix the issues.

@bmsingha if you remove the 2 sdk's (admob, applovin) from the project do you still get those errors?

I found without those sdk's the errors do not show and app compiles fine but no ads show, so i think it might have to do with the 3rd party sdk's.

When i hear back and get it fixed i'll post here so others know what to do.

Cheers

bmsingha likes this.
  10. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@bluemoonstudios No didn't tried removing the admob and applovin mate, instead tried replacing the previous version of heyzap SDK and error disappeared, but this is not we want to do, want to integrate the latest SDK, hopefully you receive some positive response from heyzap team and waiting to hear soon from you the feedback. Thanks

11. sandip

sandip Boxer

@bluemoonstudios ANY NEWS from HeyZap?

Iam getting this error:
    [ Heyzap ] An ad is not available because Fyber was never started

12. bluemoonstudios

No, Heyzap have not returned any more of my emails. But apparently with BB 2.2.8 everything is fixed and working well with Heyzap's SDK 10. I am actually about to integrate it in the next day or so, fingers crossed :D

bmsingha likes this.
  13. sandip

sandip Boxer

I got it working on iOS with the FyberTestsuit. So probably it will work when submitted to apple also.