How To Use Different Character For Different Gameplay?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by nayamamarshe, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@spicedbeangames thanks for replying! yes, I am using the character unlock buttons. I am doing the exact same thing as mentioned in this tread to unlock the second character. It is working perfectly for unlocking that second character for the first time, but when I try to go back to the main character it just won't work using the same technique. thanks for your help so far.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Can you post some screenshots?

When you stop using your different character, you want a Single unlock that reverts back to the main character. This should be placed on the game over/end stage on top of any 'next stage' 'back to main menu' button.

With my game, I made a UI that unlocks the different character and a stage clear UI that relocked/reverts back to the main character. You must do this for every button that you make a new/different character for and revert back to the original.

step3.png

Benfont likes this.
  3. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

Hey there @spicedbeangames I am doing exactly the same, the only difference is that I am doing it in the game over screen, over my main menu button, - Still not sure why doesn't work tho

upload_2016-11-8_13-45-19.png

Attached Files:

4. spicedbeangames

You have opacity set to 0 - thats why. Its the same problem I ran into. Set it to 1. Then you need to make a 'locked image' for your different character and set its opacity to 0 - not the actual button.

Benfont likes this.
  5. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@spicedbeangames many thanks dude! that fixed the issue.
    You were right, It was the opacity of the button what didn't allow me to switch properly between characters, (how did you figure it out in the first place?)
    I came up with a different solution to the opacity of the UNLOCK button, by just don't even doing it - I just placed that unlock button behind the background image of the MENU UI and then set up the visual button (the one the player interacts with) over it with the "Block Touch Through" unchecked.

Now I can totally switch between characters as many times as I want,

Many thanks!

6. spicedbeangames

It took many nights of bashing my head against the keyboard. Until I narrowed down the problem to the opacity. lol

Benfont likes this.
  7. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@spicedbeangames ha! I can imagine. Many thanks for sharing the solution over here!

spicedbeangames likes this.
  8. rechris2

rechris2 Boxer

Hi,
    tried to do it, but when i came back to change again the character is unlocketd so i cannot select again. i possible?

9. rechris2

rechris2 Boxer

I HAVE 4 QUESTIONS ABOUT IT, PLEASE SEE MY ATTACHMENT, MAYBE CAN HELP FOR SURE SOME ONE Schermata 2016-11-24 alle 23.18.58.png Schermata 2016-11-24 alle 23.18.58.png

Attached Files: