How do I increase speed of the scrolling world and a character in endless runner?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by defonten, Dec 2, 2015.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

HI,

I don't understrand how this Speed min, speed max and the speed increase work?

In my endless side scrolling platformer I set Min to 75, Max to say 150 and speed increase to 50 and don't see any speed increase over time.. What are they particularly doing?

I want my character and the world to run about a minute on a slow speed, and then I want the character and the world to scroll a little bit faster. How to accomplish this?

Also,

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. KB Games

KB Games Boxer

I asked the same question.:(

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i don't think that is possible maybe in next update however if you want to increase speed you need to use the gameplay action

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

That is way too high for speed increase... Basically what happens is that you reach the max speed in less than a second so then you think your game speed is constant -- which is constant but only because you maxed it out...

Try it out with 0.01...

EDIT: If you want a constant speed for a while, then speed it up, then probably you need to play with Action / Gameplay and place that to strategic points

sebb121 likes this.
  5. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Aah, yep. Got it, thanks guys!

6. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

trudnai, could you please explain exactly what the Time Warp and Speed Increase settings are? The documentation is no help whatsoever. I know I saw it in a video someplace but I can't remember where.

7. KB Games

KB Games Boxer

Thanks!

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Time Warp slows down everything vs Game Speed is how fast your scenes scrolling. The prior one will slow down game physics, animation, game speed and everything for you. So with Time Wrap you can make a SloMo or a TimeLapse effect for example... Also very good during debugging...

Game Speed Min is the minimum speed no matter what, Max is what prevents scrolling faster than that. If Min speed is greater than 0 then it always scrolls, if 0 then your character can push the scene forward... Speed Increase will increase the scroll speed over time. So if you have 0 min speed, 100 max and 0.1 increase, you will see that your game will start moving forward at an ever increasing speed until it reaches 100 and then it moves at a constant speed of 100...

9. KB Games

KB Games Boxer

Thank you for explaining!

10. dima.shev

dima.shev Boxer

Is it possible at all(and forgive me if Im repeating what someone may have already answered) to have the game scroll with the character at the same time? What would the formula be for that?

11. ayushsingla991

ayushsingla991 Boxer

My min speed is 5 and max is 100. speed increase is 0.00005. And in just 3-4 seconds it's reaching on top speed. My character's speed is 0.
    I want max speed in at least after 2-3 minutes.
    Even with increasing speed 0 it's increasing at the same rate. and if min and max speed both are 5 even also it's increasing at the same rate. No effect of these settings.
    Any Solutions?

12. dima.shev

dima.shev Boxer

I have figured out my own problem if anyone in the near future comes upon this....There is a game frame border you need to "scale/move" so that the character almost as if pushes this invisible border with it......Look it up in the manual or youtube... GAME FRAME

Christoph likes this.
  13. majmaj

majmaj Boxer

On which screen or area do I find these fields for speed?