Single World Game?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Animated, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Animated

Animated Boxer

My question is really simple and still haven't found a solution / answer. Is it possible to create a game where the character is played within only one stage? Buildbox only gives me the option to play scenes after scenes... I want the camera fixed - no change of scenes. Something like "Dont Touch the Spikes":

https://lh4.ggpht.com/dzIHvuzuQyWtLJ09Jq5NqKblob13GsIvLguHWPRdTUq6ZQ3P3I4Os4AXz4yQjIStlQ=h900

I've been experimenting with altering the World settings (Gravity, Game Direction, etc) but none of that seem to work.
    Thanks in advance for any piece of advice.

2. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

Of course even have a demo in buildbox

3. Animated

Animated Boxer

To be honest, I didn't expect a "Yes, you can" answer. You mention a demo - what demo? I can only see 2 of them when I open my buildbox. So, could somebody please help me with that? One stage, fixed camera, no movement of background or platforms - is it possible, and if yes, how?

4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

What you `see` is World levels .
    What you need . . .
    `Create New` -> Choose what type of gameplay your want.
    there are some demos

5. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

buildbox know how to use this? you even read the manual or you rely only on instinct, dots and read and read handbook that says demo game. There are about 15 to 16 if I'm not mistaken .. any version after 2.0.0'm sure has

6. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Hey Animated. In the Don't Touch game, It might be a single world, but it is many "scenes". The top and bottom stay the same but in each scene the side spikes are different (along with the background). So you can add as many scenes as you want. Just make an action with "next checkpoint" selected as the action and put that on the left/right sides. So when you hit the side, you would go to next scene. Same concept is in the "mini stages" prefab game. The white dot action does the same thing. Just make sure you have scenes set to "randomize" as opposed to "aligned".

Hope this helps bro!

volcank likes this.
  7. Animated

Animated Boxer

Ah God, I didn't think of it THAT way. Very clever... Thanks a ton Jerry, you've seriously opened my eyes!

jerry likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

WOW! Thank you for this!! This is what I was looking for!!!! Great Tip!

jerry likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@jerry I guess you are mentioning Don't Touch The Spiked by Ketchapp. In that game when the scene changes the position of the bird stays the same where as I think in BB when we set next checkpoint and start checkpoint our character will move to the position of start checkpoint. Is there a way to keep the position of the character the same while the scenes are changing?? Thank You.