Can I Make Text A Movable Object?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by otkat, Nov 7, 2016.

1. otkat

otkat Boxer

Hi,

does anyone know if I can make a piece of text a movable object (with physics)?
    The best example is the very beginning of Fringe Rise where you can touch the starting text and it moves.

So I understand that I can make a text separately (externally) and then add it to Buildbox as object. But is it possible to sort of transform text into object?

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

just attach the text to hidden object as parent and child give the object angular velocity added wake up if you want voila!

3. otkat

otkat Boxer

thank you. I'd be glad if you could give me the step-by-step (in case you have time), cuz I can't seem to be able to do that, but i have done that thru connection mode also.

4. wesam_badr

i still dont know what you want to achieve exactly can you explain more if you want i can implement it if you send me the bbdoc via skype

5. otkat

otkat Boxer

Ok, basically, i want to make a game where you can collide with the pieces of text which are physic objects that are being moved upon your touching. The best example of what I want to achieve is Fringe Rise (the very start of the game). I'd be glad to send it to you with no problem, but it won't help much cuz it's just where I try to experiment and find the solution.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

1. Design the text in Buildbox with labels.
    2. Import a square as an object
    3. Adjust its collision shape
    4. Drag the object into your scene
    5. Make the object a physics object
    6. Duplicate the object and put one over the top of each text label
    7. Adjust each object to the size of the text
    8. Enable Connection Mode and link all objects to each corresponding text label
    9. Go back to the Objects panel on the left, click on your object, go to the default animation and click on edit. Then set the opacity to zero.

This should work exactly as you want it to.

7. wesam_badr

thanks chriss i was just writing the steps dont forget to make the object wake up at collision and give it some linear velocity to make it fall fast or leave it 0 as its a physic object

8. otkat

otkat Boxer

Thank you so much, both of you!
    really helped me. Appreciate the help!

Christoph likes this.