Swipe Right/left Jump?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by fez_94, Nov 2, 2016.

1. fez_94

fez_94 Boxer

So I'm trying to make the character jump by swiping the screen left or right. I opened up the ISO cube template and I would like to do the exact same thing but with different controls so instead of touching left and right side of the screen, you swipe instead.

My attempt: I went to the game mind map and into the world UI, removed the action buttons on each side of the screen and replaced with "swipe control" and made it so it covers the whole screen. Then went back to the main scene and changed my character properties by adding advanced move component and added the swipe right and swipe left. The thing is it tells me to adjust the linear/angular velocity which unfortunately screws up the character's jump and it doesn't even stop on the platform but instead it keeps moving forward and going off screen. What I basically need is just have the basic iso cube game but like i mentioned, instead of touching right/left of screen, you swipe.

I appreciate any help thanks,

2. fez_94

fez_94 Boxer

I've attached a quick pic on how I want my character's jump.

Attached Files:

3. fez_94

fez_94 Boxer

Another issue is that I can swipe jump endlessly and this isn't what I'm aiming for obviously. I want to have the character to only be able to jump if its on top of the platform. It shouldn't be allowed to jump forever while airborne.

I realized that there is thing called jump counter in the action button in the "ISO cube" game template, which serves as a counter to how many jumps you can make before hitting the platform/ground. The thing is when I go to world UI, I cannot attach the action button to the "swipe control".