Anyone Attending The Master Class About Facebook Ads By Thomas Carter Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I was wondering if it is worth it to pay $7 to attend the master class by Thomas Carter about facebook ads.

http://www.bluecloudsolutions.com/p...4a5a2da4d1542cb9c1f190b915a16ab385320cdbb23ab

It is this typical positive talking about everything is possible and we all can get rich. In this case he is talking specifically about CPIs of $0.04 (which I frankly don't believe). He even varies in his announcements for the class, some times he says $0.1, some times $0.06 and some times $0.04. These are all very low but I just read another article where they are talking about $2 CPI. Not sure if this has changed because the article was from 2014.

But the thing is, he explains what is important to pay attention to when doing facebook ads for your own games. Which could be a good thing to know more about.

Any thoughts?

2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

i was going to attend his master class about facebook ads , but i still hesitate , and it's not because i need to pay $7 , but i'm affraid to spend lot of money on facebook ads , since he will give a certain methode to work with , and from my experience , that doesn't work everytime.

i searched a lot about facebook ads, and i really don't know how he is going to get CPI 0.04 ( what's the catch ) , he make it sound like if people do something wrong with their face ads ...

i more prefer to open a thread about facebook ads on the marketing section and everyone should share with us their experience

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Facebook ads is a waste of money. I haven't met a single developer who has actually gained any installs from them. You are better off using things like Chartboost etc as players are already playing games therefore more likely to download it if they like what they see.

4. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

I'll be listening in and seeing if there are any nuggets to take away from it.

Christoph likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You are the only one who says that. From everywhere else I hear and read that facebook ads is THE thing in 2016. Have you actually tried it?

6. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

I'll be attending the class. I'll make notes and see if I can bring ideas to the buildbox members! He's suppose to get into using Search Ads also. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

blackswan and Christoph like this.
  7. spicedbeangames

I did yes and you could argue it was the advert look/the video or whatever - but experienced zero downloads - despite narrowing everything down to my target market.

I would rather spend money with an audience who are actually in a game playing, then surfing on facebook. If I see data to prove me wrong, so be it. And yes, companies are saying its 'all the rage' but when you have a strong brand it doesnt really matter - just creates brand awareness. Like Nike or Coke - they don't need to advertise but do to maintain brand awareness.

As indie developers with much smaller budgets, I just can't see how it makes an impact.

8. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

Has anyone had success with Instagram for creating brand awareness for their games or apps?

9. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, I think it's not worth creating Facebook ads. Today people do not use Facebook as before.
    I think Twitter, Instagram and YouTube are now platforms for advertising.

10. docrobertshm

docrobertshm Boxer

I have tested out facebook ads a bit and only spent a few bucks and got a few downloads. I had listened to Greg from StormWatch Games in Hawaii speak about them and used some of his information and I think that is why I was successful at it otherwise I would not have probably had much luck. I will be attending the training tomorrow and see how it goes. I guess the way I see it is Carter has given out a lot of great information to me so far and this is only $7, if it works for me awesome...if not, oh well.

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok. I think there is some confusion about facebook ads. At least I think so. We are here not talking about facebook ads which appear in the facebook wall, right? We are talking about facebook ads which appear in other mobile apps/games. Because as far as I know you can not link to your game in a "normal" facebook wall ad. Only to your facebook page or webpage. Or am I completely mistaken?

12. spicedbeangames

Ah. If its FB ads appearing - then I haven't tried them at all. You can now create links to apps in advertising on walls using normal adverts or create special offers etc.

Christoph likes this.
  13. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Didn't attend.
    But i tried an experiment that a friend of mine uses for his business. (He has a cleaning business)
    Thought i would give his way a try.
    I chose an old game that gets barely any play.
    Then created a Facebook page post.
    In the post it just said download free and challenge your friends, with a link to the App Store, Created an image (screenshot) that looked pretty cool, and posted it.
    Then did a boost post. Set the audience that i was targeting, and chose three countries. (USA, UnitedKingdom, Australia.)
    Set my daily budget to $100.00. (i don't want to spend this much) And run ad for one day.
    So i only want to spend $20.00 as its a crap game and I'm just experimenting.
    I kept a check on it every 15 minutes, so that i could stop the boost when i reach around $20.00.
    After an hour it had reaches 7298 people, received 192 likes, 23 shares, and 4 comments. Comments were people tagging their friends.
    Cost for this was $16.94 . I stopped it there, and paused the boost.
    Then it still continued to get likes hours after stopping the boost. = bonus, woke up this morning and still was getting likes. extra bonus.
    The big test was how many installs did it get.
    Well boosting a post gives you no idea of installs, so i just checked my ad network dashboard, and the game had over 6700 impressions, and made $18,76.
    Now to wait and see if it still does anything more.
    As my friend said, when you create an ad in Facebook, once you stop the ad, the ad is gone.
    When you boost a post, its on your page forever. So everyone who liked, their friends see they liked it.
    When someone likes your post, Facebook shows their friends that they liked it, reaching more people.
    Checked installs, and it had just over 100 installs.
    Not sure its the ideal way of doing things, but i didn't lose, and i think if it was good game it could probably do ok.
    Over all, you just need to set your audience for who your targeting really well.

oni3350, blackswan and Christoph like this.
  14. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

Didn't attended, but watched it on his YouTube channel. Free knowledge :) Here's the link. Quite interesting!