Trail follow character *Help needed*

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Newee, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Newee

Newee Boxer

Hello guys!

This is my second day with BB, and I've got a problem. I have tried multiple times to make the trail follow the character, it just doesn't seem to work. I've even bound it to the character using ALT. It seems to just go straigth forward and fade out instead of following the character. I pretty much want the trail to follow "After" the character, so the trail stops if the character isn't moving. If anyone has a quick tutorial on how to do this, I would appreciate it :)

I know I'm very bad at explaining, hehe.
    Sorry for that ;p

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No idea with the trail but if you want it to be there only when jumping add whatever particle to the jump animation and let it spawn for 0.02-0.05. This will give you a tail effect. The same could be done for the walk animation or even the default animation. That's how most games do it and it's very fun to play with.

3. Newee

Newee Boxer

Hey, Christoph!

I've tried what you told me, and sadly it didnt work like I wanted it to. Hopefully in the next update of BB there will be a feature to do so :/
    But I'll keep on tweaking it and eventually make it ;) Anyway, thank you!

4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

When you create a trail and link the trail to the character make sure you create the link by dragging the mouse from the character to the trail. This will signify the character is the parent object and the trail will follow along accordingly. If you drag the mouse the other way it will not work properly...

5. Newee

Newee Boxer

This worked exactly like I wanted it to be.
    Thank you, Stevinz! +1