How To Stop The Scrolling Stop At The Last Scene?.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Nova.NBR, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Nova.NBR

Nova.NBR Boxer

Hello all, I'm a newbie in BB and now I have a problem. I need help here.
    Please advice How to stop the scrolling when player/character reach the last scene. In every last scene the character will fight the boss (leader of the bad guy in that world) so I want the scrolling to stop in that last scene/not repeated again. After the boss is beaten, player will get a certain point and using event observer + menu jump I will send the player to the world select menu to unlock and play in the new world.
    Is it possible to do that??. I mean to stop the world scrolling at the last scene. Is it possible??.
    Please help. Thank you.

PS: I'm sorry for my poor english.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yes, you have already answered your own question :) With either Menu Jump or Event Observer you can stop current scene and jump to a menu or directly to the new world.

Nova.NBR likes this.
  3. Nova.NBR

Nova.NBR Boxer

Thank you for your kind reply Sir.
    But what I mean is while player still fighting the boss, we all know that in BB when we move the character forward near the end of the scene, the scene will scrolling automaticly. All I want is deactive the scrolling in a certain scene, in my case at the last scene of the every world (boss chamber such as in old game mario bross), so that when the player move around (even move forward near to the edge/end of that scene) while he fighting the boss, the scene is not scrolling, so they always stay in that scene until player defeat the boss. To make my self clear and more easy to understand I have attached the image below, please take a look at it Sir, thank you.
    Transfer the player only happen after he beaten the boss.

Attached Files:

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You can create a Gameplay Action that changes game speed and then on the boss Defeat Animation you can hide another Game Action that restarts the speed or add a Menu Jump in there, or you can do the Event Observer set to X amount of collected coins or something. If you are new to BuildBox adding Animation is kinda tricky, the only way you can do that is to drag an image onto that wheel and select the Animation. The image can be a super simple square for example, does not really matter. Then you can set up your action as you wish on the left hand side, and by clicking on the Pencil icon on the Default Animation you can change the opacity of that image to 0 so you will never see that... Or if you want to debug that you can make it to 0.3 so you will see that on your mobile phone... Anyways, just make sure somewhere at the beginning of the boss scene you hit that action, meaning it is big enough to not to miss... Adding an Action to an Animation is even trickier, you have to place the action first on the scene, then cut it (Ctrl+X or Cmd+X if you are on a Mac) and then open the animation and paste it in there (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V). Hope it helps!

5. Nova.NBR

Nova.NBR Boxer

Thank you very much for the advice Sir. Its works!. :)