Level Progress Gui Showing As %100

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Oct 26, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

I am making a platform game however I was planning to randomise the scenes now I shifted and want to make a long scenes level so players will try to reach to the end. Actually I am planning to make the gameplay similar to the game by Ketchapp called Impossible Journey. Please check the video.

Is there a way I can do this in buildbox?

Thank You

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Use a score multiplier that gives you for the total distance used in your world exactly the value of 100. Then put a % sign after the score. Done. You even can show this progress in the Access UI as it is the achieved score of each world. Very nice.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank You I will definetly try that hope it is easy cause I don't have a slightest idea on how to do it :) Can we do it with randomized scenes also. Lets say I have 50 scenes and they are randomized but the progress still shows how much percentage of that total 50 level is reached? So if the player completed 25/50 levels it will say 50% etc or even the number of levels progressed will even help. Like I have a total number of randomized level GUI at top so it shows like 1/50 then 2/50 etc even the leveld sre randomized and I put an end scene when all 50 levels are completed!!!

Also another question (sorry I am being too much but excited since just started using buildbox =)) can we show different levels for different selected characters from multiple selection area. If I select a ninja I play in an oriental environment or I select A robot I play in a sci fi environment kind of thing??

Thank You

4. Manitoba

Manitoba Boxer

I imagine you can have random scenes,if every checkpoint/pick up is worth 10 and you have 10 levels, level 3 will always be 30%, just make sure your math is right,especially if you have like 137 levels aha!
    In terms of score /distance,it'll always be at the same point as it does not depend on something specific to each level. So level 2 will always be the same score, make sure your scenes are all the same length though,otherwise you'll overcomplicate it

5. Manitoba

Manitoba Boxer

To have the ninja play a ninja level you will need to create a level that will only ever be used for the ninja, e.g main menu. One world says earth and the level 2 says ninja earth and both are the same with different backgrounds etc

I hope that makes sense it's annoying to try and type lots on the touch screen of my phone aha

Christoph likes this.
  6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes luckily up to now I designed all my levels at the same distance. I will try and see how it goes. Yes that would be hell if I had all the scenes at different lengths. LOL. Thank You!!!

7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm ok so we can not use multiple character selector for that we need to have level.buttons. So you can drop only the first character to the scene so seems if i have like 4 characters then I will drag the relevant character to the top to make that character play that specific scene I suppose. I was thinking thatvwould mess up the other scenes i guess not. Thank You I will try definetlt. I totally understand I also write from mobile and my fingers are too big haha :))

Thank You

8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes that worked Setting check points for each of my scene is the way to go. Thank You! So I will have 50 levels and what I did was set check point to rewards points of 2. But that doesn't look natural it increments the % number by 2 each time. So I will ad 2 check points for each of my scene in that world with score of 1. one at the beggining of a scene and one at the end of the scene. So it will increment as 1 and 2 and a 3 kind of thing increasing the excitement in the game. Hihihi :) Thank You for the help.

9. Manitoba

Manitoba Boxer

Great,I'm glad you're gonna add the half check points to have increments of 1 instead of 2 good man, good luck, looking forward to seeing the final result!

10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank You! the Only Thing That I couldn't do it making different levels for different characters. Because Even Tough I have 2 different worlds and if I have Char1 on the top of the list which is dropped to the scene and in Second World I Have Char2 on top of the list It doesn't matter it always sees the final character that I set at the top for each world. I am thinking this for another game anyway but still seems probably I am missing something. Anyway Thank You for all the help!!!

11. fanarin

fanarin Boxer

I didnt want to start a new thread.

Is there anyone that could help me about showing level progress bar based on distance per level with gui / image and animation just like the video above ?

Thank you.