Is A Big Publisher Like Ketchapp Worth It?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jaky1, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Hey guys..

I have created a very, Addictive and Great Game...And I seriously don't know if I should pitch it to Ketchapp. or some other publisher.

My first game I sent to ketchapp and its been two weeks and no response..and they say within 7 days...at least they can say that hey we are not interested..it takes 1 minute..They shouldn't leave customers hanging like this....

As you guys know and said that Ketchapp first of all if responds after many days then what if tell you to wait for the game to release for a month or more or weeks..so what do yo think is it worth waiting?

Also any other opinions appreciated..

Thanks!

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If Ketchapp accepts your game you will have to wait over one year to be released. They have huge waiting times. If they don't respond, they are not interested in your game for whatever reason. They also prefer to collaborate with the developers they already published, so with each week it is getting harder to make them happy.

Anyway, I see that you are very uncomfortable with them, so why are you still with doubts? Send it to Umbrella, Nanovation and Appsolute. They are cool and important publishers as well and get you a huge success as well. Or if you think you can do it for yourself, go and publish it on your account but start already to implement a good marketing strategy and try to get a feature by Apple. There are a lot of independents that have achieved it before. If you have no experience whatsoever then I highly recommend to go with one of the 3 publishers I mentioned earlier. That's at least what I would do.

3. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

I have no personal experience with Ketchapp but my assumptions are going to based on what I have heard so don't quote me.

I would say not choosing Ketchapp as they are now owned by Ubisoft and I have also heard it takes them a very long time to respond and won't even tell you if your app is not accepted. From this I would go around to people asking and getting as much feedback as possible and try to make it like a final draft and won't need any necessary updates.

Finally, I would try and find some smaller publishers that don't deal with as many games because I believe Ketchapp gets tons of apps to search through which lowers your odds.

Brice

4. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Hey @Christoph @Zaola_ Thanks for the opinions...

Christoph, yeah you are right I am in doubts however I believe that the publishers like umbrella and Nanovation have a smal user base and have no real strategies or like they do not spend on advertising the game..I mean I don't know for sure but this is the reason I am in doubt with them,....Their social media is not that active, the games they have publishes so far none of them have achieved a major audience reach like ketchapp ones do, so my mind says that they do not spend time, strategy etc on the game to make it successful.

5. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Hey @Christoph what makes you say that you will have to wait a year for your game release..I don't think so that this much time would be spent..Maximum release delay will be I think a month or two...