2 Questions: Adding Music and Ads

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by thomasburgess2000, Nov 15, 2015.

1. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

1. Whenever I add music to the Game Field and try to preview the app, Buildbox crashes. I have tried lowering the bitrate and this has not had any effect. Music that is cued by something such as jumping does not crash the application, only music in the Game Field. Any suggestions?

2. I have read that all you need to do to add AdMob ads to Buildbox made applications is to paste your Ad Id in the appropriate place in the Advertising Settings section, and then tell it to display interstitial ads, say, on the Game Over screen. However, many ad networks say that I need to run my app through their SDK or something. Do I need to do this, or can I just paste their Ad Id into Buildbox?

Thanks!
    Thomas

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

2. The SDK is already included in Buildbox. With just the ID you are good to go.
    1. Sometimes Buildbox crashes when doing something special like adding new elements or deleting them. Try to open your file, add the music, save the file and then open the preview. If it crashes, open the file again and try to preview then.

thomasburgess2000 likes this.
  3. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

@thomasburgess2000 Welcome to the BB forums.
    For Q1. Double check that you are in fact using an .mp3 file and not a .wav or .aif music file. That might be a source of your problem.
    To test. Try switching out the game field music with any mp3 file. Then try preview again.
    For Q2. BB has numerous SDK's already installed in the Game Builder. So, adding in the Ad network's ID just "activates" the SDK for that network. You can have several Ad Networks installed and build a priority list of which one you want to deliver ads for. So if one higher up on the list does not fill, the next in the list fills its place.
    Good luck!

Attached Files:

thomasburgess2000 likes this.
  4. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

@ajcoryat @Christoph Thank you both for your help! Your answers for Q2 were extremely helpful. However, I'm still having trouble with Q1. I have tried both of your suggestions and nothing has worked. I did what you suggested Christoph, trying to preview the game at different points, and it didn't work. And ajcoryat, I confirmed that it was indeed a .mp3 file and tried another one and that one caused BB to crash as well. I may just have to contact customer support.

5. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

I figured out a workaround, I'll just start the music to play whenever this object wakes up (which is at the start of every game).