How Can I Create A Shop Like Color Switch

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Zaola_, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

Hello fellow BuildBox members! I was wondering how I could create something like the Color Switch shop. To be a little more specific I would like to know how he made the shop on what it seems 2 layers, the foreground(the banner at the top) and the background(the shop). I would like to include a scroll feel like he does, any tips?

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

The latest version of color switch is made in Unity, so I'm not sure.
    But ill have to download it and see whats going on, and see if it can be done in BB

3. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

If the latest version of colour switch was made in unity how did he convert the file or did he just restart?

4. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

I guess I would like to know how to do the scroll feature so I can add lots of worlds and not limit it

5. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Upload some picture of what you want,i never play color switch :)

6. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

[​IMG]
    Thats what I want but able to scroll down in the light gray area to show more characters

7. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

Sorry if this posts twice as I can't tell due to the moderator thing. But here is the image of my current shop in photoshop, I want it able to scroll down in the light gray section but now in the dark black like where the currency is.
    [​IMG]

8. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

You are not able to scroll in BB Shop UI . is possible to scroll characters

9. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

Well that a bummer, any idea on if its possible to convert a buildbox file into unity?

10. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's probably a question you have to ask in the Unity forum. But since we are talking about two very different kind of engines I don't think it is possible.

I, on the other hand, have a question for you:
    Are you really going to change the software because you can't scroll a UI? I mean this feature would be awesome to have but would it be life changing? I don't think so... There are a lot of other ways to do the same, you just need to be creative. BUT if you want the complete freedom of doing things in general, then yes, Buildbox is not your engine. You will come across a lot of restrictions which you will have to deal with. :D

Zaola_ and blackswan like this.
  12. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

No I don't plan on switching to unity right now as I'm not very well experienced in C# but I just created a simple solution that works but isn't as "elegant" and in theory it works. It basically a NEXT button that when you click it sends you to a new shop or the "next page" displaying different characters and a back button. I just thought it would be nice to have something like a unity converter so you build the basics of your game then add it all to unity and add more complicated things to save time. Thank you for helping and not leaving me wondering :)

BeeDhan and Christoph like this.
  13. Manitoba

Manitoba Boxer

Not sure anyone is going to show you how to switch to unity... However have you thought of maybe making 2 or 3 ui pages?
    I wonder also can we set swipe to toggle between then instead of click next? That could be cooler!

14. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

No you can't swipe, well not yet, maybe one day they will add this feature.
    But you can use the animation time line to make it look like it is being swiped.
    @Zaola_ you can't convert BB to Unity, it was just remade in unity.