Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by C2419, Oct 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. C2419

C2419 Boxer

Hello, all. Sorry, I have another problem. When using Buildbox in Mac OS there is no Menu Bar, the whole top is completely gone. [​IMG]
    I have posted an image of what is missing. On windows it is fine. Is there a command or setting to make it appear?

Thanks for reading

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

This is how it looks in Mac OS:

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 3.56.52 PM.png

C2419 and Christoph like this.
  3. C2419

C2419 Boxer

[​IMG]
    This is how it looks in my Mac OS. That yellow square at the left, when I click on it nothing happens. All I am really trying to do is export it to iOS, is there keyboard shortcuts for that?

Thanks

4. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Have you tried relaunching finder or reinstalling buildbox?
    No, I don't see a shortcut for that

C2419 likes this.
  5. C2419

C2419 Boxer

[​IMG]
    I see it now, it's at the top of the screen. Sorry, I am newish to Mac OS. Thanks for your help. :)

Christoph likes this.
  6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Okay great. Your welcome

C2419 likes this.
  7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yeah on Mac every app has the menu on the top of the screen regardless of the app's window.

Other strange thing you might came across soon is that if you have multiple windows you need to swap in between differently than on Windows. On Windows you always use Alt+Tab or Win+Tab. On a Mac it is Cmd+Tab that switches in between apps and Cmd+` (backwards apostrophe) that swaps in between windows within a single app.

Another thing you should learn fast is when you minimize a window you cannot just get that back with Cmd+Tab or Cmd+` -- You have to activate that window again either from the Window menu or by pressing Cmd+F3 and look for those small iconized windows or swipe 3 fingers down on your touch pad and if you have set that gesture in the settings it is like pressing that Cmd+F3...

C2419 likes this.
  8. C2419

C2419 Boxer

I keep forgetting about the top bar. Even when I am ready to shut down I notice that everything looks different and have to remember there are apps open o_O

Thanks for your help :)