Character Jumps Left/Right.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by thiendvm, Nov 10, 2015.

1. thiendvm

thiendvm Boxer

2. thiendvm

thiendvm Boxer

Solved!

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

can you share the solution i also interested to know how i want to do something like nimble jump

4. viimp

viimp Boxer

+1 Yeah, please share!
    Or anyone, could you please tell us how to jump left and right?

5. viimp

viimp Boxer

I have found the solution:

"If you want to have buttons that jump right and jump left, its a little trickier. You will need to place one large jump button on the game field. Then place gameplay action buttons on the game field on top of the jump button. Make sure to uncheck "Block Touch", this will activate the gameplay action while also activating the jump button. Have these two gameplay actions change the "Jump Force" settings to allow for -x to jump left, +x to jump right."

6. wesam_badr

BB is the king of tricks hhh... i have discovered many and still lot to come. thank you viimp
    but still want to hear @thiendvm solution

7. viimp

viimp Boxer

Actually the solution which I found is not perfect. It works, but only after you tap once, so the the action applies and the second tap is doing what I am expected. But It does not work for the first tap. =(
    So the better solution is needed.

8. wesam_badr

is also used in makibot evolve @mikafabz i don't know how they do it but i think it's close of your solution @viimp it very clear that the action it need to be used because the makibot characters change direction and animation right and left its like they are using BB v2

9. viimp

viimp Boxer

BB v2? Is it available? Where?

10. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@wesam_badr I doubt MakiBot uses v2, I'm sure only the Buildbox team has access to that. When using directional control you can have your character animation drawn left / right if you check the check box for "Image Direction" under advanced gameplay settings.

@viimp That was my explanation you copy-pasted from another thread. It does work for jumping left and right (like the game Amazing Brick and that Ninja Flyer copy cat that was mentioned at the start of this thread), if implemented correctly. Sounds like maybe your jump button is on top of the action buttons in the Game Field screen. Make sure you select the jump button and click "Send to Back". The actions need to be on top so they activate before the jump occurs.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    tomwhite3d and Christoph like this.
  11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No games are using BB2 yet, we have not released any builds. SKY was used for testing some features that will appear in BB2.

12. viimp

viimp Boxer

13. thiendvm

thiendvm Boxer

mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  14. viimp

viimp Boxer

Thankx!

15. julien_lefvre

julien_lefvre Boxer

16. king.dana92

king.dana92 Boxer

17. flyyf

flyyf Boxer

Hi guys, I have a big problem since some weeks, need a BIG help. You have success FREE Jumping in isometric view ¿? We have a lot examples, like famous template CubieJump - it´s this template, the player only jumping in one direction because world setting move all-; but someone know how we can jumping in any direction in isometric view? I try a lot of things. But i believe, it´s very difficult. (posible, we must be place logic transform and play with advanced move but NOT ANY SUCCESS). Someone can tell me something... I´m very curious of your mind logic if it´s posible ;) BIG THANKS,

18. king.dana92

king.dana92 Boxer

try using action button in UI control. Add action and modify the game play setting.

19. flyyf

flyyf Boxer

I try it. My game play settings world have in gravity 0 0 and player move fine in any direction with differents character action but imposible jump.

20. king.dana92

king.dana92 Boxer

Im away from PC and couldn't clearly see whats going on. Try asking @Andy . He's the genius of BuildBox.