Emailing Publishers?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by somar271995, Oct 4, 2016.

1. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

I want to email publishers everything about my game in the hopes of getting my game published, i have the app icon and gameplay video already in the email with a short description, my question is, is it better to have the test flight in the email as well, or just wait till they email me if they are interested and then send it? i do also want to hurry and get this game moving along asap, would it be ok if i sent it to multiple publishers at once and just wait for an email from all of them and then choose one? or just wait and send them one at a time, sending them one at a time would take forever because of course who knows how many will say no until hopefully i get a yes. Any help is greatly appreciated, also just as a disclaimer pls do not send any build box videos as answers, i have watched them all and they do not cover these specific questions.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Publishers are busy and good ones get hundreds of emails like yours every week. Be short, be specific to the point and few screenshots plus video link to your demo gameplay should be sufficient in my opinion.

I doubt if any of them will try games if they do not like what the saw on your email. If they like they will let you know and you can add them to external testers...

Mike A. and Wings n Armor like this.
  3. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

Thanks for the help trudnai, I guess I'll send them what I already have and leave out the test flight unless they message me back as you said, but what about emailing multiple publishers at once? Should I just email one at a time then wait then on to the next, or just email them all and wait for any responds?

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

E-mailing to many does not hurt, you can explore what options you have. Just make sure you sign contract with only one (unless publisher does not mind having other publishers as well, for example because one publisher only do iOS and Android while the other only do Steam and PC...)

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If your game is top notch go first to the big ones. If they don't reply go to the medium ones. If they don't reply go to the smaller ones or consider setting up your own marketing strategy.

Wings n Armor likes this.
  6. jaw_khan

jaw_khan Boxer

Hey guys,

Thanks for you responses above. I also have a few questions of my own. Advice would be appreciated.

1. I have a game in the pipeline almost ready to send to publishers, but I am not sure how to send an email out to them. Normally, I would explain who I am and include a trailer of the game. If they are interested, I send them a test link. Is this how you guys also send these emails off?
    2. How do I know which publisher to contact. I am aware some publishers may be new and not as credible? How can you trust them without signing a non-disclosure form?
    3. How long did it take some of you guys who are successful in making your game to getting it published, and then the game really hitting success on the app store?

Thanks,

Jaws

Wings n Armor likes this.
  7. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

search @Gregory Storm 's posts for a good thread on how to contact publishers

Gregory Storm and Wings n Armor like this.
  8. teeny-weeny

teeny-weeny Boxer

Subject: Game Submission – [insert name of your game] – [insert a few words about your game (less than 10]

EMAIL BODY
    Dear [insert publisher’s name],

My name is [insert name] from [insert name of your company or studio if you have one] and I would like you to consider publishing my game [insert name of your game].

You may view a trailer of the game here [insert video link] and a game play video here [insert video link]. I’m attaching the game’s icon for your reference.

[If the publisher DOES NOT publicly list their TestFlight information use this line] If you like what you see, just let me know which e-mail I should send a TestFlight Beta invite too and I’ll get it to you ASAP. The invite will come from [insert your developer name] with the game title [insert your game title].

[If the publisher DOES publicly list their TestFlight information use this line] I’m sending a TestFlight Beta invite to your [insert e-mail] address. The invite will come from [insert your developer name] with the game title [insert your game title].

I am available to discuss any questions you have via Skype at [insert your Skype handle].

Thanks for your consideration.

Best regards,
    [insert your name]
    [insert any other signature information you like]

Mike A. likes this.