Repeat Object

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by saadahmed888, Oct 3, 2016.

1. saadahmed888

saadahmed888 Boxer

Is there a way to have an object repeat itself indefinitely in a game? Basically the entire game consists of a character climbing a ladder until he loses health and dies. I have the ladder in the game as an object but I'm unsure how to make it seem like one long, never ending ladder. Is there a way to just have the object repeat itself in the game close enough to where there are multiple ladders stacked on top of one another so close they seem like one ladder? Or maybe a way to use the spawner to achieve this effect?

Any assistance is appreciated.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Scenes will repeat themselves within the operational range. If the End Distance is -1 then that means infinite, so the scene will repeat itself to eternity. Now if you place your ladder on a scene and that ladder is long enough to start and stop at the beginning g and ending on your scene then it will look like you have a continuous ladder... Good thing is that scenes in the same range will randomly picked by BuildBox engine and you can use that to place different enemies and decorations and so on. Now if you select your first scene on the bottom of the screen and press D on your keyboard it will duplicate that scene with all of its objects in it, so it is easy to copy and create variations to your game...

saadahmed888 likes this.
  3. saadahmed888

saadahmed888 Boxer

Thanks! I actually made a pretty stupid mistake. I was stuck on the 'Start' level thinking it would repeat its objects the same way other levels would, but that obviously isn't the case.

Thanks again, appreciate it.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I have not try that but theoretically you can change the End Distance to -1 on Start scene too which is 1 by default. Or you can just select that, press D on your keyboard, that duplicates that Start scene to a nor.al scene and you are good.