What's Needed Before Sending To Publishers

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by somar271995, Sep 28, 2016.

1. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

Hello everyone, I've just finished making my app and plan on submitting it to publishers in the hopes of getting it published, my question is, I am missing so elements of the game simply because our game isn't on the App Store, i don't have a rate button, a leaderboards button, a Facebook or Twitter link button, and no ads installed, I just have the game as is, with a mute button and info button and home button and of course a play button with the core gameplay, exactly how much of what I am missing should be left up to the publishers and exactly what should be left up to me the developer, I don't want to try and publish and incomplete game, should I make the rate and leaderboards buttons etc? If so how would I go about doing it if our game isn't on the App Store

2. nguyentrongvan

nguyentrongvan Boxer

The same question!

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

BeeDhan likes this.
  4. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

It is the same question because the answer to my other one wasn't fully answered, every time a question has an answer to it most of the time people won't bother trying to answer it, so I had to make another one, and then I wake up and see that my other question has been answered only to see that it was something as stupid and idiotic as "The same question!" Your brain can't be that big I understand but this isn't YouTube, don't throw in your stupid random responses here, if you don't know the answer it's quite simple really, you don't say shit. I may even have to ask this question a 3rd time thanks to you!

5. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

Thank you Heath for your honest reply it means a lot, however I have already seen every video buildbox has to offer including that one, he states that you don't want to send unfinished games, but what exactly is the exact standard for a finished game? Does that include having your own ad placement or a rate system or a leaderboards, now of course I would have just played it safe and just did it all already, it's just that my game isn't on the App Store, and even if it was, is it up to me to add in, "rate" "leaderboards" "Facebook" "ad integration", I just would like to know what specifically is left up to them and the rest I can do, any further assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

IMHO, make it as complete as possible. I guess I would leave out ads but have everything else. If you need to have leaderboards as "not working" then take the button out. Every publisher is going to have different "requirements" for your end product. But it would be better if it were 100% working.

7. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

THANK YOU ANDY! Finally there's the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot. Now I can continue and hopefully finish my game now.