Ios 10 Privacy Changes

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Brocky120, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

I just went to submit my app to the iOS App Store and got an email from apple:

" Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Distracted Diamond". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team "

For anyone wondering, the fix is to add the privacy requirements your app uses in the .plist file.

1.png

Should look something like this:
    2.png

masdani and gluepromotions like this.
  2. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

Hi We have the same problems, but can't find how and where to resolve this problem
    and how to apply those fixes pleas support with kind regards

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Don't use Xcode 8 yet (I'm pretty sure this is the reason). Wait a few months for the issues to work themselves out. Trust me, this happens every year when the update are released. Xcode 8 offers no advantage over Xcode 7 as far as Buildbox is concerned.

4. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

Unfortunately we already have xcode 8 running is there a possibility to downgrade xcode 8 back to xcode7, Or how can i resolve this challenge

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

6. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

Deliverbo likes this.
  7. drew

drew Boxer

We had the same issue and fixed it using the same method @Brocky120 used. Even if you use 7.3.1 you will have this issue. Because it's not an xcode issue it's an issue with the privacy settings that where implemented with IOS10.

8. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

HI Drew, Thanks for your Reply !, we just passed the upload to apple iTunes connect. i hope it will survive the apple review later. Hope there is gonna be a sustainable solution for the future ( one thing we have noticed is that we could't use the xcode simulation on the already updated iPhone with the new iOS

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

My understanding is that the issue is happening when you submit a binary built with iOS 10 SDK (if your using Xcode 8 then you are using this new iOS SDK). Mostly the issue seems to be caused by including the AdMob SDK, the manual workaround was posted here:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/google-admob-ads-sdk/UmeVUDrcDaw/HIXR0kjUAgAJ

We will figure out what action we need to take if any in a future bug fix release of Buildbox. I'm anyone can confirm with 100% certainty they have seen this issue with iOS 9 SDK/Xcode 7 that info would be appreciated.

10. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

As you say.. iOS 10 has changed the way app's access things (such as camera, bluetooth, photos etc). So I don't think its an issue when using xCode 7. However, IIRC, I have read that apps are crashing that utilise these privacy-sensitive data without a usage description being shown.

11. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

@Andy
    hey Andy and everyone, im stuck unable to upload to iOS due to this issue, already upgraded...
    what to do? missed my upload deadline

any update?

thanks

12. Yardie

Yardie Boxer

I had the same issue adding those keys to the plist got us approved.

13. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

Hi Tony,

What has worked for us is the following:

1 Delete your current xcode
    2 empty your trash
    3 restart your computer
    4 download xcode 7.3.1 trough https://developer.apple.com/download/more/#
    and restart your computer again
    5 go to your apple developer account and delete the old certificates of the game and create new ones --> download them on to your pc --> double klik on to install them in to your x-code ( this happens automatically when you double click them, you won't get visual feedback of it)
    6 open build box and change the version number of your iOS build one up for example from 1.1 to 1.2
    7 export your iOS game again
    8 open your project in xcode --> connect your ( iPhone on the mac ) --> archive
    9 this opens menu first press validate --> do this with your developer account that you use for the certificates
    10 press after validate upload to itunes connect

These steps did for us the trick.
    hope it helps you ,

with kind regards

Stefan

Christoph likes this.
  14. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

OMG after doing all this I get "Could not find Developer Disk Image" im running OS 10.11.6
    and xcode 7.3.1 is not compatible.... this is so frustrating!!!
    HELP!!!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  15. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

Hi Tony,

Yes this happens because your iOS device is running newer than the xcode. in general this isn't a big problem because you can use the simulator to test your game,

after you simulate. connect your iPhone and create a archive without running a simulation on your phone

this will probably help to come into the upload an validate menu

with kind regards

Stefan

16. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

greatly appreciate it, thanks to that insight I was able to submit and now its waiting for review.
    however I really need a fix because I need to test in actual iPhone or iPad, the simulator for some reason runs in slow motion.

hopefully there is a fix, but for not Thanks @gluepromotions

17. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

thanks I just feared that route do to posible crashing once live

18. gluepromotions

gluepromotions Boxer

The Simulations that you can run on xcode are always slow no mater what pc you're running. if you have doubts about how your game will run i would suggest to apply for test flight on apple so you can test your game internal and external , this will awnser for you the question if your game is stable and how it wil run on iOS devices

19. Hazza

Hazza Boxer

Add those privacy requirements to PTPlayer-Info.plist file work for me, thanks.

20. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

russellartista and masdani like this.