Apple

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by brdchn25, Dec 1, 2015.

1. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Looking for some advice from the experience here. I got rejected from Apple tonight. They sent me screenshot of a different app. Telling my controls were to cramped. I told them as nice as I could the screenshot was a different app and not mine.
    They asked about purchasing of coins. Hmm there was no In-app purchase of coins.
    How do I tell them that they need to look at the correct app and not a different app. FYI it took 6 hours from the time that it went into review to the rejection. Meaning did they really play a simple game for 6 hours?

Thanks for any help.
    Here are the steps I took. I replied to the items asked then resubmitted the app. Do I need to do anything else?

2. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Can answer my own question. I did it correctly.

I replied and then resubmitted.

I just got accepted on Itunes for my first app. :)

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Congratulations! If you believe that you are right a reply is enough, you also can click on the Appeal link too to tell your concern to a committee, so they will review what their colleague has done :)

They rejected my app too few days back as they did not find the IAP Restore button -- that was in the Settings menu... I have told them where it is and without resubmitting the binary they have approved it... That re-review took only a day as opposed to a week.

(BTW where is the link or what is the name of the app? ;-) )

4. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

5. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Why are the screenshots stretched?

6. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Great question. I all kinds of issues with the screen shots. I tried taking a video and pulsing the video and capture the screenshots. This did not work out for me. I need to try to do it again and ensure the screen I am capturing is the correct size on the update. I resized the shoots for different requirements when I think I should have captured the screen when it was correctly sized.

Any suggestions on screenshot capturing would be great.

7. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

You need to capture screen shots from the device. Enlist the help of a friend while you play to do the home button/Power button combo to capture the screen. Remember, screen shots are your opportunity to be a call to action.You have the attention of a potential player for mere seconds. Rather than just posting the screen captures which can be boring, assemble them in something like Keynote with some descriptive text and have your characters outside. Here is an example.

Attached Files:

brdchn25 likes this.
  8. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Great Advice!!!! Thank you.

9. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Just a quick update. I was able to get the pictures updated. Thanks for the advice. Secondly, I was able to get the a revision approved today. That gives you a powerup every 20 minutes.

Thanks again for the feedback.

10. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

The question is how this happened in the first place... o_O things that make you wonder on what's happening behind the scenes...

11. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

I am totally convinced that Apple has no clue. I did an update and got rejected. I was ask where the ad code was it the code as they could not find it. Really??? It took me three seconds as a non-programmer to find it. Also their software tells them that ad code is in app as it makes you answer the questions.

Apple seems to have the market on making money on games, but the people reviewing the apps are most incompetent people I have seen in the industry.

FYI - I only added more Characters to the game. NOTHING ELSE CHANGED. Sure am glad that Apple has third rate programmers working for them. Basically if you are going to hire a programmer and they claim to have worked for Apple RUN. RUN as far as you can.

12. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

The Apple reviewers clan are a rare breed for sure :)

13. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

In moons gone past I've had two sporting App's In Review at exactly the same time. The only difference between them was the fact they were for two different teams. Absolutely identical. One got approved, the other rejected. I rest my case. :confused:

14. richardrustmd

richardrustmd Boxer

Searching the forums for my problem--I was rejected because my screens were too crowded. I had no problems with the beta testing on my 5s and 6s phones but the images sent back had some overlapping buttons on the game over screen and start screen. Any suggestions or resources to aid in my quest....

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You need to check your game as well on tablet/ipad and 4s devices. The preview includes them as well. If something doesn't look right try to enable/disable the "edge" option for every element.

Sean Buildbox likes this.