Export To Apk Via Android Studio?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by RollingStone, Sep 16, 2016.

1. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Now am updating Android Studio so can't really check, the other thing I don't know which BB version you are using and android studio!!

What you can do for now is to export your game to win32 or ios and you will see these files in exported win32/ios folder and you can copy them if you want to the android project

See if this help you for now!!

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Iphone 7 is Better than Iphone 4, Photoshop 5 is better than Paint, BB 2 is better than BB1.
    New Arrivals is much better.
    Sure you have an older software not updated by the new version have taken things, or do not like the new version.
    Hi, I want to clarify one thing.
    Eclipse is just a compiler that using the Android SDK updated, make an APK.
    Eclipse is the pan, and the SDK are the ingredients

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Eclipse is not dead... lol. A year ago, Android Studio was NOT the best choice for the Buidbox community, doesn't matter if it was Googles "official" choice or not. I really like Jet Brains IDEs (what Android Studio is based on) and really dislike Eclipse so this is saying a lot, but still just my opinion. However it is now getting to the point where it makes sense to switch now as the product and integration has matured. The next major release (2.3, but still will be a little while) is planned to work out of the box with Android Studio. I think even Eclipse will still work... both are just an IDE.

You don't even need Eclipse or Android Studio to get things done, I don't use either in my normal course of business. Heck, I don't even use Xcode (yes just another IDE) when I'm doing production work with our Buildbox games.

blackswan likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What do you use if you don't mind sharing? Can I hire you? :D

5. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Just to let everybody knows

I just installed Android Studio 2.2 (latest) and exported the game from BB 2.2.5 then import it to Android Studio and with miner tweaks I build the APK files without errors

I will get back soon with what I did

Christoph likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Andy You are technically right. Eclipse is not "dead." It still exists and it can still be used to build Android APKs. To clarify, when I say Eclipse is dead, I mean that is has reached "End of Life" in software terms. Once that happens, core support dies as does support from third parties. See images below.

I add score tracking, retention tracking, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and attribution, Fabric Answers real-time analytics, push notifications, Tapdaq cross-promotions, crash reports, and a few other things to all of my Buildbox releases on iOS. It would be nice to be able to do the same on Android but the same frameworks aren't supported using Eclipse because it's reached End of Life.
    Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-9.12.21-AM.png Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-9.14.37-AM.png
    Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-9.29.22-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-9.12.45-AM.png

Christoph and roy like this.
  8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

I think BB v2.2.5 still has bugs when it comes to certain swipe controls so I have to use v2.2.2.

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Gregory Storm we can agree to disagree on Eclipse and it's future including support and new development, I'm well aware of Google's position on it... besides as I stated we will be supporting Android Studio soonish.

Please open a support ticket if this is the case. I am unaware of any open issue with swipe.

10. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

11. woonza

woonza Boxer

I might be late but trust me as works perfectly now see my other post about the game services issue but other than that it works

Steps
    1. export you BB to android.
    2. open AS and import your project ( choose the folder you called your exported project ) do not use build.cradle or in any way convert to a cradle project . ITS SIMPLY NOT A CRADLE PROJECT
    3. after that you just build by sign you apk
    4. done

12. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

It will through errors
    Android Studio 2.2

13. RollingStone

RollingStone Boxer

So sorry guys, had some personal issues come up which prevented me from visiting again and reading here. I am very glad I am not alone on this.
    The Eclipse plugin is officially dead (https://developer.android.com/studio/tools/sdk/eclipse-adt.html) , it's a matter of time when support for key features will no longer be there.
    I gave up for now since I can't find a solution to those missing files, instead for testing I'm just building the project with "make" from the command line, but it's a very poor substitute for the official Android IDE.

Somebody promised a video on this? :D That would be really helpful and much appreciated. Even better if BB finally do something about this and provide official support.

I did find this video - but even when following it I could not get it to work. First of all, Android Studio doesn't just import the Eclipse project the way he showed (at least the latest version doesn't), but I still manage to import and seemingly successfully convert it to an AS project. However, he goes into the SDK manager and says "just install everything". I really don't want to install absolutely everything, that's ludicrous, I was hoping for a more elegant solution rather than the "brute force" approach. :D

So anyway, yes, please BB, or please some good soul who has solved this, help those of us who don't like using obsolete tools! :D

14. RollingStone

RollingStone Boxer

Oh, bless my silly soul, I completely missed the fact that this topic has a second page and that there has been a video posted!

Thanks so much, I will try it out and see what happens!

15. RollingStone

RollingStone Boxer

16. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

People always want the latest versions of IOS, Android, Android Studio, XCode.., but do not realize they do not want to upgrade to the latest version of BB because the new version has problems.
    For that same with Android Studio or XCode ...

17. RollingStone

RollingStone Boxer

Hi guys,

been a while since I've been no this thread. Last time with khalids kind help we got to a point where we could finally build an apk from AS.
    That worked for me at the time, however my VM crashed in the meantime, had to rebuild a new VM and start from scratch.

Again, I followed Khalid's video, everything looked good, even generated the apk. However, when I try and run it on my device, I get the following:

NoClassDefFoundError org.cocos2dx.lib.Cocos2dxTextInputWraper

and the app fails. If I try to install the apk directly to the device, it fails again, I'm guessing for the same reason.

There must be a setting or something which is missing but required to have the cocos2dx classes included (I can actually see them in the java folder!). I honestly can't remember setting anything before my VM crash and for the life of me can't figure this one out.

Any ideas?? Khalid maybe? Or anyone really?

18. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

but post export we need implement some analytic tools, Publishers what it but we cant because eclipse not includes Build.gradle file.
    you know analytc tool is important for marketing why you not adding it buildbox?
    or ask your developers to post some tutorials for us

19. Sugandh

Sugandh Boxer

Hey guys eclipse is not working,
    please tell me another way to to convert my project into apk..

20. Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe

Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe Boxer

What version of Android Studio are you using?