Portal Death

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by alain_grignon, Sep 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

Hey guys,

Been raking my brain with this portal thing. I have 2 portal. 1 enter, 1 exit only. Enter portal is in far right corner of scene, exit portal is in far left corner. Search radius is 9000 in both. But when my character reaches portal 1, it just dies.

Thoughts?

Alain Grignon
    zHeroez Founder

2. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

I've been doing more testing. The portal seems to work only within certain arbitrary limits. I currently have both the enter and exit portals set to 100000 pixels, the exit portal is 2870 pixels away in the x direction and -345 pixels away in the Y direction (exit is above and before the enter). in this setup, portal works fine. If I widen the distance by another 200 pixels in either the Y or the X, my character dies instantly upon touching the enter portal, even if there are no objects anywhere near the exit portal.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of limit? is this a bug or as designed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alain Grignon
    zHeroez Founder

3. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

Thanks to @sean I found out what I was missing. Because I was going backwards before my character's kill line from the character box, I was dying immediately. I eliminated the Kill line and it works now.

Alain Grignon
    zHeroez Founder

JoeWilson and Christoph like this.