Should I Go For Ketchapp??

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jaky1, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I am considering to work with a Publisher and you know Split the revenue as there is a hell load of competition in the Appstores, and only publishers can give the required spread of the game to a larger audience..

I am considering ketchapp, because they publish the type of game I created..BUT I have gone through many of the internet gossips about how ketchapp steals and clones games and publish them on their own, after getting idea from a pitched game to them..

So I don;t want to lose my hard work and someone other gets profited from it...!

What should I do? Any personal experience someone has would explain would be great. I need opinions...

Thanks!:)

2. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Make simple games, and getting better, and surely some editor contact with you

Jaky1 likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

And from there go to:

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I do not think Ketchapp or any other serious publisher will steal your stuff. I believe the rumor came up because they might publish some games that were analyzing and remodelling games and some people felt that was a steal. But Angry Birds, Flappy Birds, Crossy Roads were doing that same and in fact 90% of the games are some kind of remodelling. Doom is remodelling Wolfenstein, Quake is remodelling Doom etc...

But if you approach Ketchapp and if they like your game they would just offer you the business, and if they think you need some tweaks they will tell you. It is cheaper and faster for them doing that than analyze your game and hire developers to do it from scratch...

6. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@trudnai Thanks..

I also guessed that the rumors were some misunderstandings between the developers..!

Thanks all for the opinions..!

7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

8. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Hey @Gregory Storm

Thanks for the reach..!

I now know that I have another option that is StormWatch Games....

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

What is your game?
    Id love to see it.
    I've been toying with the idea of approaching KetchApp too. Would be incredible!

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you have a Quality AA game that goes with their style, then approach them for sure. Actually, approach all publishers and see what works best for you. Going as a lone wolf is very very hard.

11. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Christoph I know right.. Going for a publisher would be a great idea than lone wolf...

@Sam_Aaro I am creating an arcade one tap game.. Going well with ketchapp's style...

12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Sweet.
    Can we see a preview?
    I'm trying to see what others are making who hope to submit to KetchApp to see if my apps cut it ha.

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Don't share previews publicly until your game is ready for prime time. There are too many cloners around. Compare your game to already published games in the feature section of Apple and to the portfolio of each publisher. If you have a niche game or a very complex game then there's probably no problem in showing off parts of your journey. Only my humble opinion.

clenard and Nihat like this.
  14. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That's fair enough.
    But people clone even once they're released :(
    Shame really.
    Makes it hard to get feedback throughout the developing process.

Back to topic though, I'm going to upload my next game to the AppStore before sending it to publishers, that way it's 100% documented that it's mine etc.
    I feel that's a good way to go.

15. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

well , if you game was cloned after you publish it , that mean your had made a great game ,

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Also take in mind that some publishers do not publish games already published. Just a heads up.

Nihat and khalid like this.
  17. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

...unless it is already doing good, but chances are you do not need a publisher if that happens :)

18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That's all very true. I didn't know that to be fair. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm only going by KetchApps website because I remember reading that you could submit a link to the AppStore as an option. I guess if you did that, they'd already want to see it being very successful.

Maybe I won't upload it first now. So tough to know the best way to go.

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

To contact the publishers you'll need a Testflight beta of your game. To make a Testflight, you'll need to upload it to iTunesConnect. So actually, it is already "documented" because it is registered to your AppleID and developer account. In this sense you don't have to worry. If you then get a publisher deal you will transfer the app to their own account from within iTunesConnect. The most important thing is that your game is 98% ready to be published and as already said, a really high quality game. Go from there. :D

clenard likes this.
  20. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Yeah @Christoph I agree.. Sorry Sam but cannot show you preview.. I will be releasing it soon... So hope everything goes well...