Ios 10 In App Purchase Error

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Deliverbo, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

Hey everyone
    My in app purchases work fine in Google and Amazon.
    I keep getting this type of responce from apple. .

Here's my game Deliverbo.me

In-App Purchase - 2.1 We found that your In-App Purchase product(s) exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 10.0.1

Please help guys

@heathclose @roy @jigglybean @trudnai

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

can you include the entire message? Usually they tell what is the problem and what solution they accept.

Deliverbo likes this.
  3. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

Hey trudnai here's what they said

• Sep 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM
      From Apple
      In-App Purchase - 2.1

We found that your In-App Purchase product(s) exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 10.0.1 and iPhone running iOS 10.0.1

Specifically, we were unable to complete the purchase of the in app purchase.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Launched app
      2. Purchase IAP
      3. Error

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

Apps are reviewed on an IPv6 network. Please ensure that your app supports IPv6 networks, as IPv6 compatibility is required.

For additional information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer toSupporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks.

For a networking overview, see About Networking.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@Deliverbo I will try to make a network setup at home to see what's going on with this. In the meanwhile I think you should contact to support at BuildBox, maybe they know this problem and/or the solution...

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Were the IAP working during testing before you submitted the game?

6. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

@trudnai @Andy

I thought to myself creating an in app purchase with builldbox and then in itunes is pretty straightforward.

I found this:

In iTunes Connect, you identify the in-app purchase product using a string called a product identifier. For example, com.company.app_name.productid. When your app uses Store Kit to communicate with the App Store, it uses product identifiers to retrieve the configuration data you provided for the products. Later, when a user wants to purchase a product, your app identifies the product to be purchased using its product identifier.

Must we use this exact format, com.company.app_name.productid?
    And use the exact name of our app in the "app_name" area even if the app has like 25 characters?

My app name was not the same as the app_name area when I submitted the game. The app name is "Cloud Rider - Jump In The Clouds" And my product identifier was,

com.deliverbo.cloudridernoads

But i would also wonder why itunes accepted it when I clicked save.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The store identifier just needs to be unique, it does not have to follow any special format, but the com.company.name.iapname is typical and recommended. It just needs to match exactly between Buildbox and iTunes Connect. I would always recommend testing the IAP before submitting, if it doesn't work for you then it won't work for Apple, saves a lot of trouble and time.

Buildbox has not had any issues with IAP for a very long time, been very solid. It's most likely a problem somewhere in the setup.

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

IAP naming is a convention, not a requirement. Uniqueness is the only requirement and the naming convention just helps you to comply to that requirement.

Usually what people do is use a web-like name, however, web is doing that in reverse order. So for example your company use a web site www.company.com then www is for World Wide Web (that is the product name for web right?) And you use com.company.www for a game called World Wide Web .... Your IAP can be com.company.www.noads or com.company.www.cutecharacter

Now if you have another game called Jumper then com.company.jumper.noads is one of your IAP identifier. If I have a game with the very same name I may use com.trudnai.jumper.noads ... If I was also using com.company for my stuff we would have a conflict on jumper game...

So no rocket science here just a way of being nice to each other to avoid conflicts on app IDs and IAP IDs ...

Christoph likes this.
  9. buman

buman Boxer

Same problem happened since 2.2.5 with Apple these day @Andy , some of our app has been rejected due to that problem also.
    From Apple
    • 2. 1 PERFORMANCE: APP COMPLETENESS
    Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission.

Performance - 2.1

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.0.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

User is not able to purchase In App Purchase item.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Tap In App Purchase item
    2. Login with Apple ID
    3. Error message is displayed

We've attached screenshot(s) for your reference.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
    - complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    - screenshots
    - steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    - symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@buman Did the IAP work when you tested it before submitting to Apple?

11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Apple claims that the problem occurs when IPV6 network was used.

Most of us has IPV4 and I guess many BuildBox users do not even know what does that mean in the first place. So even if it was tested on an IPV4 network it might not work on an IPV6.

I wanted to test if BuildBox can do the purchases on an IPV6 network, hoeever, I can't make one as the process to make a test network like that needs an Ethernet port which my MacBook Pro does not have...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Their standard and very common rejection reply almost always contains the iOS version and the IPv6 requirement. It does not mean that either is the issue, in fact it almost always has nothing to do with what the real problem is. I'm pretty sure most networks are now IPv6 compliant anyway... but I don't have any specific info on that.

Deliverbo and trudnai like this.
  13. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

uhhh.... I'm gonna go find a thread I can understand...

14. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

Hi everyone,

This is what I did on Friday:

I logged into iTunes connect and clicked on "Agreements, Tax and Banking." Under "Contracts In Process" and "Bank Info" the little button was blue and said "set up" or "submit," I can't remember exactly. But, I thought I had already set up my banking info. So I clicked the button and then it turned white.

Instead of using xcode 8 I installed xcode 7.3.1 and uploaded the game to iTunes connect.

In the notes to the reviewer, I said, " In the forums someone said when using xcode to test in app purchases it doesn't work. But it works if you test on an actual iphone or ipad."

The game was Ready For Sale in a couple of hours.

In the end there wasn't any issue with buildbox itself. Your doing a great job everyone at buildbox :)

Thanks @Andy @trudnai @buman for your all your help.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    buman likes this.
  15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, yes the old Contacts issue, always forget about that one. Glad you got it sorted. :)

16. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

Yes thanks @Andy. Its funny how they let you figure it out for yourself.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  17. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Yup just got the same reject response from Apple today. Not running either iOS 10 or IPv6, though I believe there is an issue with IAP.

I can test the iAP, it prompts me to login three times and I then I get connection to iTunes failed. I triple checked the id and actually copied and pasted right from iTunes connect into build box.

Is this a problem with my iTunes account to test? Or the fact that the IAP is still in review?

Anyone have any ideas

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  18. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Okay I feel dumb asking this, but can anyone point me to how to properly setup remove ads in Buildbox?
    I'm missing something and just can't seem to get this approved .

I've done this multiple times before, always seemed straight forward before iOS 10.

I've setup the IAP as a non-consumable in itunesConnect and copied the product id of the IAP... in build box pasted the product id of the IAP, checked "buy and use" and checked "one time purchase"

When I test I get the same thing the review does which is the attached image saying "Transaction Error: Cannot connect to iTunes".

In iTunes connect the IAP is still in review but I thought they get approved at the same time?

Any words of wisdom out there ?? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

19. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Okay.. I think I've found a bug in iTunes Connect. I had selected a tier 1b pricing for my IAP ($.99). This wasn't getting saved as a price for the IAP. I switched it to tier 1 and it saved fine. I was then able to test a purchase and successfully completed.

I sent a reply to Apple to ask to review the binary as is with this change. Finger crossed!

Deliverbo likes this.