Menu Jump Takes You Back To The Start?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by jigglybean, Sep 10, 2016.

1. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

So its great that Menu Jump can whisk your player away to a secret level - but how on earth can your player return to the current world - but NOT right at the start?

I've tried the 'start checkpoint' but my character still is returned to the very start of the level - which means they pass the secret world again - so if you want a bonus level, they can just keep popping in collecting coins.

I made a 2nd Menu Jump and called it 'reenter' but I cant connect the Secret level menu jump(called exit) to it in the mind map.

Does anyone know how to make this work? cheers

2. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

Commenting here just so I'm notified of any replies.

Important stuff for Mario-style "secret zones"... You've got to drop the player where they were, with the coins they had collected / enemies they had killed, etc.. I've assumed so far that such functionality is impossible with BB so far.

3. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

So I found a work around.
    Instead of sending your character back to your original level, you need to create a new world then link the menu jump to this 2nd world.

I have World A 'House' with the menu jump in it. When my character exits the secret level, they are returned to 'World A 'House' continue.

There doesn't seem to be any way of preventing your character returning to the start of a level, so by creating a new level that continues on, prevents them going back to the original level where the menu jump was - therefore removing that 'loop'

Also, I had to add a 2nd menu jump at the end of the level, just incase the player misses my secret first menu jump. This 2nd jump links directly to the continued level.