Buildbox 2.2.3 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Question : Do I need a version of Visual Studio preinstalled before I install buildbox ? or it doesn't need any visual studio software preinstalled ? If yes wich version

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No, VS is not required at all to use Buildbox. Just the runtime libraries that should be installed as part of the OS.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hey @Andy, hope you are doing great. Any idea of when BB 2.2.4 comes out that resolves the choppy playback on OSX? I thought this would rather be a quick one but an official confirmation is always better. :D

4. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Andy , what do you mean by try logging as a different user ?

5. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Not sure why you are having this issue but try this:

- Check to make sure there are no pending Windows updates. Make sure that your Windows Update is up to date (Hmm... how many times have I repeated the word UPDATE?)
    - Try login via Safe Mode and see if it runs
    - Like Andy suggested, could be a profile issue but to eliminate that, create a new user account with admin right and login with that account and see if it works
    - Not 100% sure how buildbox works, if it hocks up to some Windows dll files but maybe uninstall buildbox and install in a diff directory o_O
    - From the days of troubleshooting servers, maybe a system reboot might be your saving Grace :)

If none works, then I am afraid (this is the SAD part - Get Ready...........), reinstall your OS :eek: or restore OS if that was turned on :(

This is the End of my Story...

6. anthony_williamson

anthony_williamson Boxer

I thought I was loosing my mind, because the timing issues were only happening on scene 3 of level 1 for me. So I moved over to the Mac where I had 2.2.2 installed, and the issue was gone - which made me think it was a Windows problem. Then I upgrade BB on the Mac to 2.2.3, and scene 3's timing issues were back.

Thanks to @heathclose, I knew to pull 2.2.2 out of the trash and compare scene 3 on both installations. 2.2.3 is also causing the Preview to lag/stutter during playback on the Mac, where 2.2.2 is smooth all the way through.

7. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

I did everything already 3 times , it says always buldbox application error . I wish some one could jump on my pc to trying to figuring out. Trust me I did everything

8. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

always same error message like the above I showed. Maybe buildbox should do I restart on their end , its cloud based right ?

9. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

I am struggeling 5 days in a row

10. anthony_williamson

anthony_williamson Boxer

I'm also on Windows 10, and BB is really stable. On par with the mac version from my chair. But I've only ever run BB on a PC from a Dell Precision Workstation. I've never tried it on any of my other PC's.

Like Macs, Windows will often block files downloaded from the Internet. In my experience with other apps, if I don't unblock it before installing it, the app can sometimes malfunction:

[​IMG]

Probably not as helpful as BB's own logs, Windows 10 has a crash dump folder: C:\Users\Account Name\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

CREAZCYK and Christoph like this.
  11. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

On Monday I am going to ask support if the can send me the link for 2.2.0 version , that was that version I had no issues at all . And then I stay with the 2.2.0 version ( I hope its not automatically updating to a higher version ) And I then just wait if there is green light for higher version and for Windows 10

12. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

found something interesting when I look under Task Manager processes running I see that Buildbox is a "32 bit" version and my machine is a "64 bit" maybe we can do a buildbox for "64 bit" version ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  13. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Yiihaa, finally ! :D First Day without any crashes ! What I did I went from Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1 Version. 1st Day Today with Windows 8.1 Version . And Buildbox runs perfect no crashes. For me it doesn't matter wich Windows Version , what matters is that I got my Baby Buildbox back ;) Thumbs up !
    Guys I can tell you I am so happy and glad that it works now , it was a nagging pain I can tell .

heathclose likes this.
  14. twistersstudio

twistersstudio Boxer

Does that google issue fixed in the new release, if it is fixed i will buy new subscription.

15. fredie196

fredie196 Boxer

since the new SDK came out for android tools needed to make eclipse work, every time one tries to upload there is a
    "Unable to resolve target 'android-23' since the latest SDK starts on 24. anyone else having difficulty with the android export to eclipse with BB 2.2.3 ??

16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Just install API 23 (you can still install any old API), we're working on supporting API 24 officially but will be a bit still.

17. Shawh

Shawh Boxer

Where can I find the link for Buildbox 2.2.3? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have faced a huge issue(Posted on bugs forum) regarding the collision shape and I want to see if 2.2.3 may fix it since 2.2.4 is in BETA.

Please provide a link if you have it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.