Help: Showing Score Update After Watching A Video?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rawnwolf, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Rawnwolf

Rawnwolf Boxer

I thought I had set this up properly, but I can't get it to work. I have an action for getting a coin in my game screen. In my game over screen, I have the Current Distance and Current Coins Scores and they work for coins collected during game play. I also have a "watch a video get a coin" button on my game over screen. It is set to Rewarded Video and to the action for my coin. And after you watch the video, the game makes the 'coin collected cha-ching noise', but no update to the Current Coins Score happens. Is there a way to make this work? Not sure what I did wrong...

2. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

You need to have a total coins score to show the update after the video.

3. Rawnwolf

Rawnwolf Boxer

Wow, that was a fast reply, thank you so much bentforktech. I still can't get it to work though. I had read elsewhere on the forum that Current score would show changes in amount (for example, when coins are spent to purchase something). Guess I'm not completely clear on the difference for Total and Current usage.

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

total coins is data that is saved even if you close the game... when you return, the total coins are loaded... this is user data

current coins (session coins) is data used since the game is opened... and will reset when you close and open the game again...

5. Rawnwolf

Rawnwolf Boxer

Thank you for your reply Heathclose that makes sense. So total isn't equal to the total ever collected and current isn't the current status (having gained or sold coins or "sqishy" as they are called in-game). Do you have any suggestions on how I could fix the coin score not updating? I have changed it to total score, but it still doesn't update the score. It makes the noise after the video plays that indicates having received the coin, but it doesn't update the total coin score on the game over screen. Will total score also show a deduction of coins if a player uses them to unlock a character in the game? Sorry, for all the questions I really thought I was almost done with the game then realized I don't really understand how to fix the scoring. Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide. I have provided screenshots of the action, button and score properties, maybe someone can see something I can't.

Attached Files:

6. Rawnwolf

Rawnwolf Boxer

Any ideas? Still isn't working...

7. Rawnwolf

Rawnwolf Boxer

Still can't get this buggah to work...any ideas? any one?

8. Rawnwolf

Rawnwolf Boxer