Changing The World End Ui To Reflect Score [solved]

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Nanotaku, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

In each of our levels, we have 3 "secret" collectibles that can be found.

I'm trying to do a world-end screen that reflects if you found them by awarding say... 1, 2, or 3 stars on that UI.

I tried using a score event observer to branch to different UI screens, but it didn't work as "score 0" observer would trigger no matter what the score was (I guess said observer is greater than or equal to?).

Is there any way to get this TINY bit of game logic into Buildbox?

Many thanks if anyone has ideas!

2. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

Just in case anybody has a similar problem -- I did solve it:

I just made a chain of different UI scenes... at end-level the player is sent to the UI for a score of zero, which has an event observer to monitor for a score of 1, which passes the player on up through 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 (the unique scores you can reach by collecting 3 points-items with values of 1, 3, and 5).

Game seems to pass the player through all of 'em right quick (at least on PC tests).

It's a simple thing and will end up making my scenes map wiring layout look like spaghetti for a game with 7 worlds... but it works!

eyal likes this.
  3. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Hello @Nanotaku , thank you for your information, but I coudn't understand how you did this, can you explain please in details?

4. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

OK so... the first end-level GUI scene there W1_C_0 is for a score of zero. You will always go there when you complete the world.

In that scene somewhere is an event observer checking for a score of 1, and that event observer is directed to W1_C_1, a nearly identical GUI that corresponds to a score of 1.

On they go up through the chain for all of the possible scores of world 1.

chain.jpg