Game Stolen - Name And Shame

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Lee Fellows, Sep 2, 2016.

?

What should BuildBox do about stollen content?

1. BAN BUILDBOX LICENSES

46.7%
  2. REMOVE STOLLEN CONTENT FROM APPSTORE

46.7%
  3. NOTHING - LEAVE TO US TO PROTECT OUR CONTENT

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lee Fellows

Lee Fellows Boxer

I know this is a problem, based on other threads I have seen in the forum...

I would like buildbox to BAN and REVOKE this persons BB License!

Surely they are using BB to recompile my game?

Just saw my 'Cavern' game has been ripped 100% exact!! They did not even take new screenshots!!
    My game was originally published by Buildbox Publishing, so I would like to ask that the buildbox team please remove this ripped copy from the AppStore on my behalf, and please revoke his BuildBox License.

This is the STOLEN game, developer is Zameer Shaffi
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cavern!/id1091024130?mt=8

Qdeveloper likes this.
  2. Lee Fellows

Lee Fellows Boxer

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

First of all I do not believe the guy who stole your game even own BuildBox license. Either that person just modified the IPA file directly or has a cracked BB.

Second BuildBox is a tool. They are not legally responsible single what you or others do with their tools. It is like you were asking Microsoft to do so.ethinh about bad guys because they wrote a malware in Visual Studio. Even if they want to, they cannot...

You have to contact to AppStore and claim your stolen IP, and file a case against the person at the court.

tanvir8955 and miguelnievas like this.
  4. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I wouldn't even ask for support through the forum, it's not the right communication method if you have a business contract with.

If your game was published by BB, you should have a contact number or something... right?

Others have reported identical rip offs. Just search Color Switch. Enough said. It's tough to stop if your game gets really popular.

Good luck working with Apple to take them down. I would be interested to know how that goes, please post your results..

Hue Buildbox, bmsingha and Christoph like this.
  5. Lee Fellows

Lee Fellows Boxer

Have reported a claim via the Apple link.

BB support did not want to help in any way, even though was originally published by BB Publishing!
    Support said that developer did not have a BB license, but I suppose would be hard to tell even if he did.

@trudai Yes BB is a tool, but is easy for BB to have terms in their T&C, EULA to ban or revoke licenses that use bad practices. This protects the reputation of BB and its customers. Copying a game is one thing, but cloning a game 100% is clearly theft!

Anyway will keep you all posted if I get a response from Apple.

With all this I wont bother rereleasing the game I think :(

May as well continue to make new games, but it sucks that games are so easy to rip! This game was not even popular!!

Christoph likes this.
  6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I hear you man! It is not only games that it is easy to rip like that. Every software, and even books! Not that it makes less annoying

Edit: @Lee Fellows Where is the link for your game?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  7. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I agreed,
    But at least, Buildbox team should do something to fix how easily and accessible the games we have exported through buildbox, This issue is too common with buildbox games compared to other game frameworks, This can be a major issues for many major publishers and developers.

On bright side, I think only apple appstore can accept stolen games, Googleplay has more restrictions for app similarity and copyright issues.

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

What i do is take a major scene in my games...say...a background, This way if the thief literally takes entire game and not just replicates the style of game, you have hands down proof they ripped it and can show apple each hidden thing you placed within your game. For example, in one of my games i put my initials...J.T.H [Joshua Thomas Higgins] hidden within the HAIR of a player. If someone ripped it, edited file etc, they likely wont change much on player except colors if anything at all. Then i can rip their apk/ipa and see if my initials are in the HAIR. If they are, present evidence to apple.