Swipe Land (formerly Cross Now)

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Massi, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Massi

Massi Boxer

Hi all, I’m Massimiliano of Mashimo Games. After 1 month of hard work on Cross Now, the game is completely changed. It has become Swipe Land and it has a publisher: Storm Watch Games. Thanks to collaboration with Gregory of SWG, which is a nice person, the game has improved greatly!

Now there are World Mode: 4 Worlds (12 stages and hidden bonus stages), and Endless Mode like the older game, new graphics, Tapdaq, push notifications, amazing analytics, and more. I hope you like it. Also there are a lot of improvements that Gregory did in Xcode, one is adding Instant Replay. Yes! Now you can record your gameplay and share the instant replay video with friends.

Thanks to all people who have seen the previous post and for the beautiful words that you spend for the game.

So… i hope you like this short trailer, soon i will tell you when the game is released. If you'd like to play the game right now, send a PM to @Gregory Storm and he'll send you the TestFlight beta.

TRAILER

Phoebe, jcalle, Christoph and 7 others like this.
  2. sairos

sairos Boxer

very nice game but it looks so similar to crossy road

Massi likes this.
  3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

great game it was huge improvement from the previous version now it looks very polished and pro i wish to have tut for Tapdaq, push notifications, amazing analytics implant.

Massi likes this.
  4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Looking goooood... I think you'll have a good run with this one...

Pm sent for TestFlight

Massi and Gregory Storm like this.
  5. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Looks very clean and polished. Good luck!

Did he do all the integrations you mentioned? Or did you guys hire out for a coder?

Massi likes this.
  6. arajagam

arajagam Boxer

Hey Massi!

In what version of BB, there's a four way swipe controller? AFAIK, there's only two way swipe :)

7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

TestFlight invite sent.
    I handled all of the code integration myself. Just one of the perks of publishing with SWG! :D

bmsingha likes this.
  8. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Massi Yeah the gameplay is perfectly smooth and incredible, major tweaks did were lovely, specially the UI. we liked the most. Great game and yeah @Gregory Storm Good work with integration part as well. It never seems like a buildbox game at it's first look

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Massi likes this.
  9. Massi

Massi Boxer

Hi arajagam the BB version is the 2.2.2.

10. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Amazing !
    I was trying to make similar game play for a game using buildbox but was not able to do it (the jump with an exact distance vertically and horizontally)

Awesome work guys

Massi likes this.
  11. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Massi has done an amazing job creating a game that has pushed BB to its limits. All his hard work is going to pay off because I'm going to get "Swipe Land" into the Top 10 of its game category!

Massi likes this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Wow wow and wow again. This game is awesome!

Top 10 of all games would be even better! ;) Hope this goes really far. I mean yes, it is Crossy Road/Frogger all over again but it has a nice own genuine feeling. The Everyplay integration is perfect in this game and it would be awesome if you (@Gregory Storm) can share how you did it once @EZKad shares his tutorial. Also, for what are you going to use notifications for?

I'll write you a more extended opinion about the beta by PM when I have the time. But in general: it's really awesome!

13. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

He actually used my last tutorial (the hook layer), and since he's familiar with iOS and Android code, the integration of such services is straight forward when you have the required events (those provided by my hook layer).

but I'll share a step by step tutorial to explain how to do it for people who are not familiar with code ..... code notions are still required tho, and it's required to be able to implement the hook layer correctly, most of my future tutorials will use it.

RSG-Games and Christoph like this.
  14. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Christoph If you look at my tutorial on setting up analytics and TAPDAQ using the Custom Ad function, it's the same principle but works with hooks instead. You will definitely need to be comfortable with code in order to do either method.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I actually referred myself to the seamless way you integrated it. You just have 1 instant replay button and from there you have the share button. This solution is much nicer than the two buttons in Pixel Memories (replay and share). You also don't have to push record before playing which makes the user experience much smoother. That's why I asked if you could share your part as well once EZKad makes the entire tutorial public (which I hope is very soon). :D

Regarding the Analytics and TAPDAQ tutorial, did you post a video or step by step tutorial? I thought I read some weeks back that you were going to do it but I was very busy lately and completely missed it if you did. :confused:

Arsmen Studio likes this.
  16. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Actually, my initial integration was similar, but after some tests, we noticed that recording the session killed performance or made the game laggy on some Android devices, one those devices the gameplay become frustrating ... so I decided to let the player choose if he want to activate the record or not.

Christoph likes this.
  17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I would go with the smoother navigation and accept the laggy performance on older devices. It just works better I think and most players that really matters will have better devices. The fact that it works perfectly smooth on a iPhone 4s is proof enough I think. Most Buildbox games do not even open on this specific device and crash because of memory issues before they even load completely. So definitely a +1 for the cleanest implementation possible.

18. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

no android release yet ?

19. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Nice Game! Congratulation!

One point:
    When i enter "Swipe Land" i can't find the game. Only when i search for "swipeland" i finde the game!

How did you make to show percent?

Good luck with your game

20. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

It would be cool if someone would make a tutorial on how to integrate these things clearly. After all you don't loose nothing... Thank you. :D