Multiple Independent Characters

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mxstudios, Sep 2, 2016.

1. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

Hi all,

So here's what I am trying to do. I'm a little frustrated since I've been programming for 25 years. Kinda like when I play Guitar Hero after I've been playing guitar since 10 years old. :)

Using Buildbox because it looks like a great tool that can save me a ton of time building games.

So think Missile Command. (Those of you that can remember it).

I want to have multiple turrets that can be rotated independently that can be shot by tapping on them. I can take single character and drag multiple instances which moves them all together at same time.

Any thoughts on how to rotate a "non character" using a button, or having more than one character rotate independently?

They also shoot together. Is this just not possible?

Thanks!!

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Multiple independent characters are not really possible. Perhaps someone else has some workaround to accomplish something similar though.

3. LittleBuilder

LittleBuilder Boxer

Hi! Multiple independent characters is a feature that I would also need for one of my games. I've tried some ideas here and there, but haven't been able to come up with anything solid just yet. I'll be sure to let you know if I can come up with something! :)

4. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

Well I was able to get two of them to shoot independently by having one Spawn bullets on shoot and the other spawn on jump (since I am not using jump in the game). So I was able to put buttons on top of each and have them shoot.

Maybe I am missing it, but there seems to be a certain amount of flexibility missing that would not have been to much more work to add into BuildBox. It seems that some of the settings should be on the instance of the object (sub object), rather than the main object. And why not let buttons control any object, rather than just the character? Still in learning mode here, so I'm sure there are some more workarounds.

5. Clayton Tonna

Clayton Tonna Boxer

Hi all, new to buildbox here, was there any update on this. Is it possible to have multiple objects to shoot individually ?