How Can I Even Get Started And Keep The Momentum Going?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Shabir27, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

I have been for almost a month trying to even create a game concept but i don't seem to fix my mind onto something and keep changing ideas and than when i have an idea i don't know how to get the artwork done and i get stuck all over again. I think i am just not up for this game building. I have a subscription going on too. Too much running in my mind and i have become a big time noob now. FRUSTRATING.

All i do is now read the forums and go back to thinking about the first game i wanna do and than il "visualize" the artwork. thats about it. nothing in terms of progress.

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Pencil and paper, write down ideas, draw out game scenes and rough ideas of game plays, then try to stick too one idea and start creating and playing around in build box.
    look at the app stores and see whats in the top 100, find a popular game style, that can be made in build box.
    Don't just look at top 100 games, look at each category top 100, arcade, action , racing etc.
    Read the reviews of the games and check out what people are saying is good and bad about the game.
    also read what users are saying would make the game better, and see if you can add those features to the game.
    The users that review games are generally gamers and their comments can be beneficial to creating a game they would play.
    Then graphics, yea thats the hardest part if your not good at making them.
    but there are some good sites around that have free and cheap graphics.
    And some of the top games are just shapes and colors, so don't stress about graphics too much.
    Its really the game play that matters the most and the features you offer.
    Ideas don't come easy.

pacoespinoza, eyal and Shabir27 like this.
  3. calmackay79

calmackay79 Boxer

Start by playing a simple game that someone here has created, and then try to replicate it. Its this simple step that will start you feeling more confident in designing games, and don't be afraid to ask ppl how they made something work - everyone is very nice and helpful.

After this, you'll feel stronger in your design and you will find you will have your own ideas on how to do things better/different and as @playsgames6666 says, you can sit down and get your ideas onto paper - getting them out of your head and in some semblance of order makes life much easier....

Shabir27 likes this.
  4. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

@playsgames6666 and @calmackay79 >> Thank you guys. I having been trying to do a mix of what you guys mentioned and i think the issue that lets me down and demotivates me because my artwork really sux. so i guess for now i will stick to shapes and colors and learn the features and technicalities of BB by releasing simple games and learning as it goes. Thanks a bunch and hope to see you both have great games coming up.

5. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Hi Shabir27, i prefer to take a pencil and paper with you where you go. If you will have any idea you should write it. You can use your smartphone too. You can note your idea to Notes. You should follow top featured and top chart games. But don't duplicate them, while looking to them you can have absolutely different but awesome idea. Your game could be simple but it should be unique.

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Nihat likes this.
  7. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

@Nihat Muradzade , @heathclose Thanks a lot you both. Brainstorming my way to my next game. The only hurdle i have now is myself....

Nihat likes this.