Character Color Change

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by M7Even, Aug 29, 2016.

1. M7Even

M7Even Boxer

Hello everybody!
    I need help because i'm trying to realize an "action" that change the color of the character like in Color Switch. In Color Switch, every character (with different forms), change the color when the character take the "action" for example, if a circle take the action it can become a red, green, withe or blue circle, instead if the character is a square, it become a red, blue (etc) square. To explain better, I make an example of my game: i have 5 characters (1 white, and the other 4 are special characters like a dog ora a cat). I want that the action change color only to the white charachter (I want it to become red, yellow, green, randomly) and not to the special characters, so, how can i "don't show" the action for a certain character?
    Sorry for my bad english and thanks!

2. Dimatrix

Dimatrix Boxer

I'm bad at explaining stuff but I was looking on YouTube for tutorials, and I've found this, skip to the minute 3:45
    I hope I could've helped you with your problem.

M7Even likes this.
  3. M7Even

M7Even Boxer

Thank you very much Dimatrix, but it wasn't what i'm looking for. In this video, the guy has got only 3 character all colored. My problem is that I have other characters with different skin, and I do not want these characters change color because it would change in red, yellow, green etc, changing the character's skin.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is only possible with simple cut-out characters. Using it like a mask. Not possible with something more complex like different skins (unfortunately).

M7Even likes this.
  5. M7Even

M7Even Boxer

Thank you so much Christoph, you're the only one who understood what I mean! Too bad you can not do! But why in color switche there is this thing?

6. M7Even

M7Even Boxer

So i want to ask another question, it's possible to create an action (or whatever) that switch the charachter into another character (randomly)?
    Thank you so much

7. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

You decide into what the action turns the character. Single color or 'skin'.. what you put inside the action's animation box is what the character will turn into (when setting 'Animation Behavior' to 'Replace').
    About randomness, you can attach actions (with different animations/skins) to an invisible object with random spawning in different positions in the scene.

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

First of all read this post I have made a while back. Second, Color Switch is no longer made in BuildBox, it is developed by a professional software dev team and therefore anything is possible whatever is in the imagination...

9. M7Even

M7Even Boxer

Thank you trudnai, this is interesting but my problem is that I have no black background and i have characters with different skins! So i think there isn't a way..