Load Next Scene Behind Previous Scene

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by WannaSeeMyWayne, May 12, 2016.

1. WannaSeeMyWayne

WannaSeeMyWayne Boxer

I am creating a zig zag game and I am using a cube shape at the moment for the platform. My problem comes when a new scene loads into the game frame. Scene 1 plays in front(visual perspective)/on top of the Start Scene, and so on... How do I make the new scene play behind the old one instead of on top? The image shows the connection between scene 2 and scene 3. If I play scene 2 as a solo, the problem goes away, and the scene repeats flawlessly. If I have them as separate scenes the new scene plays over the old one. All of the cubes are in one group layer with auto depth sorting Y axis ascending. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    screenshot.png

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

This looks a lot like some layering issues I encountered before... Like if something in scene 3 wasn't as deep in the list as something on scene 4, it would get covered... I had to make to make tiny invisible object I called "list makers" and would place a bunch on the scene just to push objects down in "depth" to make the layers look correct... Try searching for listmaker or listmakers and you might find where this has come up before...

3. alenvican

alenvican Boxer

How to solve this problem??

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

You can fix that very easy in design mode just make and other cube element without the front square and use it in the end of each scene.

alenvican and Christoph like this.
  5. WannaSeeMyWayne

WannaSeeMyWayne Boxer

I solved this problem with two steps.
    1st - Add a layer group and set the sort direction to X Axis and sort order to ascending. Place the forward most image on screen as the top layer in that group.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 1.51.55 PM.png
    2nd- create a "Dead Space" in the first graphic, that way, when the scenes overlap, the first image from the next scene will not cover the last image of the first scene.

Hope that helps.

hendrixsan likes this.
  6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Hi, probably they are connected to each other with connection mode. You should disconnect them from each other. I had same problem and i solved it with this way.

7. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Is it possible for someone to provide an example?
    Thanks