Chartboost Ads Do Not Appear - Already Contacted Bb Support And Chartboost Support

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jiri, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Hi guys,
    I am finishing my game and using Chartboost video ads.
    The problem is that when chartboost video ad shows up, I have only black screen without playing video (attached file).
    Then I have to close my game because I can't cancel ad window.

I already contacted BB support, they said that they've put their id's and everything works.
    So then I contacted Chartboost support and they said that I am using older chartboost sdk and that's why I have this problem.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Hi @Andy, any idea please?

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We updated the SDK within the last 6 months or so. What version of Buildbox are you using? Honestly, if we test with our IDs and it works then the problem is with the setup in the Chartboost dashboard. I'm not sure why Chartboost would say the SDK was too old. Did they give you any more detailed information?

4. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

I am using 2.2.3. version.
    Here is the complete message.

"The black screen error was prevalent in our older SDK (this app is currently using iOS SDK 6.3.0). Our latest SDK (iOS SDK 6.4.7) resolves this issue, along with other bugs, and also implements our newest video ad experience.

Regarding ad availability, advertising campaigns can be edited on the fly (this includes filtering options like geo, device, os, etc) and this might be the factor in your testing. However, typically testing from Tier 1 countries (US, UK, CA, etc.) will yield good fillrate. Once you update to the latest SDK, please let me know and I will further investigate the fill rate issue."

I did all steps such as created campaign, turned it on etc. It worked for my games before.

Basically same issue like here https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/chartboost-ads-not-showing.5681/#post-29744

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, cool thanks for that, for future reference please always include the full details, it's really important.

What version of Xcode and iOS are you using? Have you installed any BETA versions from Apple?

6. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Oh, sorry for that Andy.

Xcode is 7.3.1. and iOS is 9.3.4 and I didn't install any beta versions.

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, cool... there are 2 things you can do for now to see if it helps.

1) Turn off video ads (just use static interstitial)

or

2) Update the Chartboost SDK manually after export. (replace
    ios/libs/ads/PTAdChartboost/sdk/Chartboost.framework file in your export with the latest Chartboost.framework downloaded from Chartboost SDK link they gave you)

We will look into make this update in a future version of Buildbox.

trudnai likes this.
  8. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Hi @Andy,
    so I updated Chartboost sdk and everything works, thank you for your help.

Deliverbo and Christoph like this.