Need Help Saving Worlds After Rebooting Phone

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by tonymartz2, Jul 6, 2016.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

hey guys, i have 10 worlds you start with world one and upon completing it goes to world 2 and so on. I have a check point on every world and the start buttom is set to start checkpoint..
    The game works fin on device but if I force close the app or restart the iPhone the. Its back to level 1.

Using bb2 latest version...
    Please help and thanks in advance

2. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

when player looses on a world the restart button works fine where the player continues at the start of the world where he lost but when rebooting the phone or force closing the app it defaults back to the start of world 1. ;(

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

maybe you need to make the start button as start checkpoint

4. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

thanks for the reply but yes the START button is set to Start Checkpoint. it saves while game is being played, you loose and you continue on the same level but when restoring phone data is not saved

5. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

update: tried adding a Restart Checkpoint next to the start button but when clicked nothing happens

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Checkpoints only work within a world. It has nothing to do with the access to a world. To access a world you need to make for each world a button. Then the player can access them manually.

7. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

thanks Christoph, I want the player to start world 1 and upon completion it automatically goes to world 2 and so on.
    currently when the player dies in lets say world 4 he automatically continues on the start of that same world 4.
    this is what I want but but when closing the app it does not save. it defaults back to world 1

8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

hmmm.... this should be saving unless you actually uninstall the app or reboot phone... it resets even if you force quit the app? that doesn't sound right... you may want to get support@buildbox.com involved... keep in mind it takes a day or two for a response

9. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

Good afternoon Heathclose, yes when you force quit the app or lets say the battery on the phone runs out and must turn on the phone again all is lost and player must start at world 1 again.

I guess I will contact support and see.... will come back and post in case others have the same question later on.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not sure if I explained myself not good enough. But everything is working as it should in my opinion.

You need to set up for each world a button to have a separate access. If you only have one button set up in the Main UI it always will go to the world you have it linked to which in your case is world 1. So set up also buttons for world 2, world 3, world 4 and so on, and when the player comes back he can select the last world he unlocked playing the last time. There is no other way to make this work. As said, checkpoints only work within the same world. So lets say you have a button (restart checkpoint) that takes you to world 4 and you have 4 scenes set up in this world, each with a checkpoint. then the user can continue at the checkpoint he died the last by selecting world 4 in the Main UI. But once you past world 4 and go to world 5 you need a new button to take you to the beginning or a checkpoint of this specific world.

11. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

Christoph thanks, I ended up doing scenes within one world and now it saves as you said.

amadoucss and Christoph like this.
  12. amadoucss

amadoucss Boxer

did it work like u wanted??

13. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

yes it did

amadoucss likes this.
  14. amadoucss

amadoucss Boxer

could you explain how u did it or be kind enough to drop bbdoc

15. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

need to set up 2 actions
    one action type is "Set Checkpoint"
    and the other action should be "next checkpoint"
    on the start scene you will place the :next checkpoint" action where you want that start scene to end.
    Ever other scene you start with "Set Checkpoint where the character will start that scene and then place action "next checkpoint" where that scene ends and on to the next... you will have to play with the placement of the "set checkpoint" to avoid merging the next or prior scene into the current one.
    remember that you can set these actions as invisible so that the player does not see it. in my case "Set checkpoint" is invisible but the "next checkpoint" is setup as a coin so that the player knows it needs to get to that location on that scene.
    check game here.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/levelz/id1137429749?ls=1&mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mayimbenetwork.levelz&hl=en

16. konstantia

konstantia Boxer

help please upload bbdoc