Create A Scroll Bar For Character Select

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by calvacharles, Aug 8, 2016.

1. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

Hi all!

I am wondering if theres a way to create a scrolling bar for the different characters in a game. I do not like using the multiple character select due to the lack of settings to adjust it. So I am using single character select repeteadly, but I cannot fit all of my characters in one page. How can I create the option to scroll down and up to navigate through my characters, for example like the character select page in Color Switch, or was that a feature added through Unity?

Thanks for your time and best of luck with your projects!

2. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

Solved this problem just in case someone wants to know the best way we came across, it is simple and probably the most logical approach but here it is nonetheless:

- Copy paste your Shop/Store UI in the Game Mind Map so it is an exact replica
    - Position the Individual Character Select Boxes in the exact same position as in your first Shop/Store UI
    - Back in your first Shop/Store UI, create jump menu buttons (we used arrows for this buttons' images) and connect your Shop/Store UIs in the right order.
    - Create as many as necessary to fit all your characters and connect all the jump menu buttons in the order you want.

I'm sure this was the solution all of you would have thought of, but we wanted to share it anyway just in case anyone has any trouble solving it.

This solution gives you a nice effect of gliding through an array of characters to select from and the actual transition from UI to UI is very smooth.

Best of luck with your projects!

heathclose and braydon like this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

do you have video of the effect this gives, this sounds interesting...

4. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

@heathclose I do not have a video, but our game is almost out of the pipeline, would love for you to check it out once its in the App store and gives us some feedback. Then you will get to experience the effects! :)

The function isn't included in our Beta version which we will be releasing tonight through testflight, but if you would like to help us and have a look at our game we would really appreciate it!

5. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

@calvacharles
    Do share when available, my curiosity demands it. :rolleyes: